but had nothing to do with our racial

animosity based on shade of skin.

Jackson Street and decades of ignorance

divided us, some who might have become

the best of comrades who could have

gained understanding of the plights

of cultural bounds not to be broken

in my lifetime or many more to come.

I had decided that I could write no more, but Bren woke my memories, and I could not resist the pull of what was. The curse of racism in my child's eyes will never fade, but I am grateful for the gift of knowing many wonderful people so rewarding to my stilted upbringing. It is not a great loss to lose physical abilities if the (weak) mental efforts stay alive. Sorry for being so personal, but at least I'm not Irish. Praise be.

Keep transmitting your thoughts for as long as there's someone there on 'receive'. :smile: All of our life experiences matter: even if they only seem like a single cell in the compound eye of a fly.

In this modern world of sophisticated communication and instant global news; we've lost the naivety of the early to mid 20th century and you'd think we'd be far more enlightened now.... Less prone to be used and abused by the politics and cultures that shape our lives. It seems however, that humanity can't shed a skin of tribal mentality-- is destined to be inherently divisive, corrupt and self-serving for as long as our stewardship of this little Earth lasts.

My consolation is: that the origin and use of words is a fascinating thing, but a good story that gratifies the moral sense, is a far better thing. Cheers. Geoff.

Right on the money, Paco! American blacks (sorry, Afro-Americans) have civil rights and all kinds of political guarantees ... but it still doesn't seem to work. It works much better in Europe, Why is that? I think you will never get over your Civil War ....

Hope you are well. I'm OK.

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Cheers, Bren

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiocfaidh_%C3%A1r_l%C3%A1

And it's a great pity you're not Irish ... not even a fingerbone. But I now nominate you as an honorary Irishman - whether you like it or not!

Drown your sorrows in drink, by all means, but the real sorrows can swim

Diúltaithe! Meath a bheith i GNOME aon sláine ach amháin chun mo chiall warped féin dílseacht frivolity. Tá tú chomh lán de cacamas. Tá mé descendent de loingsiú Ogelthorpe ar reathaithe rum agus ne'er eile a dhéanamh toibreacha a allmhairítear go dtí an tSeoirsia a bheith ag obair na réimsí cána rum a thabhairt ar aird don triantán airgead a dhéanamh. Téigh ar ais go dtí do Jamison s 'tábla sa chúinne ar an teach tábhairne ar. BTW, nach bhfuil Afra-Mheiriceánach PC; tá sé na hAfraice-Mheiriceánach; Is Afra stíl gruaige. Is í an fhadhb fíor leis na hÉireannaigh fucking go, cosúil mythical.

Our day has come and gone, mi amigo.

http://www.ourgeorgiahistory.com/people/oglethorpe.html

Geoff, your every response is at once a reward and an education. Gracias, mi amigo. To me, our biggest loss through generations is lack of contact with the physical world and connected emotions. You are much more intelligent than Bren, but that goes without saying. ;)

Tá áthas orm go bhfuil tú chomh maith agus i biotáillí ard ... caithfidh sé a bheith ar an rhum!

Slán anois, Breandán

Drown your sorrows in drink, by all means, but the real sorrows can swim

Tá áthas orm go bhfuil tú chomh maith agus i biotáillí ard ... caithfidh sé a bheith ar an rhum!

Slán anois, Breandán

An honorary Cromwell hater must keep his spirits up. Cheers!

Thanks Franklin, I agree with you re: "our biggest loss through generations is lack of contact with the physical world and connected emotions." As for the rest: I value my modest ability to understand and would post a lengthy (and hopefully) humorous response from Google Translate in Yiddish, Urdu, Zulu or even Irish ; if only this site would allow my p/c to copy and paste text from my files. I'm a patient and laid back man but at my age patience is no longer a practical virtue and I hate to think of being 'laid out' rather than laid back. My very best wishes go to you both. Cheers and bottoms up! :biggrin: Geoff.