goldenlangur

plaster clinic -

in the waiting room

a women tells me

she can put up her feet

now that her husband cooks

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

Aleksandra
plaster clinic -

in the waiting room

a women tells me

she can put up her feet

now that her husband cooks

goldenlangur

Golden, what an interesting poem. That plaster inspire you a lot icon_smile.gif.

You see in bad things there is something good too icon_smile.gif

But if the woman in who you talk in this poem, never had a plaster on here feet, maybe she would never taste some food prepared by her husband icon_smile.gif

Much enjoyed

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

goldenlangur wrote:

she can put up her feet

now
that her husband cooks

Hi Golden,

That's a very humorous ending. As the saying goes: good fortune lieth within bad, bad fortune lurkethe within good.

From the tanka you wrote, it seems to me there's poetry everywhere.

Many thanks.

Lake

Her husband cooks? Lucky! Given the same circumstance, a guy like me would probably just go out to eat! icon_lol.gif (Okay, maybe I'd bring something back for her icon_razz.gif ) I suppose, eventually, even I would tire of that and have to learn to cook out of necessity. (As of now, you don't want to try my cooking. icon_lol.gif)

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Aleksandra

tonyv wrote:

(As of now, you don't want to try my cooking.
icon_lol.gif
)

he icon_biggrin.png I would want to try that miracle Tony icon_biggrin.png. Come on, don't be so close with the words: I can't or I don't know icon_biggrin.png That is an expression here what says: It's the best to say like an answer: I can't or I don't know icon_biggrin.png

At least Tony you can make for me / us salad icon_lol.gificon_razz.gif

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

Hi gl, This poem has such an easy flow to it. The rhythm of the words enhances the image of the woman being able to put her feet up and leaning back to relax. Love it!

My husband is a good cook but still only cooks when I ask him to. I raised my son knowing how to cook, clean, sew nd do his own laundry. I considered them survival skills everyone should know. Good thing I did because he married a girl who hadn't a clue how to do any of the above and he has had to teach her everything. Since she is now a stay at home mom she is the primary cook for the family but he helps her in the kitchen all of the time. They often prepare the family meal together.

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

goldenlangur

Hello Aleksandra,

You're quite right:

aleksandra wrote:

That plaster inspire you a lot
icon_smile.gif

You see in bad things there is something good too
icon_smile.gif

But if the woman in who you talk in this poem, never had a plaster on here feet, maybe she would never taste some food prepared by her husband
icon_smile.gif

Writing about the experience and the tanka seems to lend itself to this very well, has helped me to bear the frustration, pain and sleepless nights. That lady was a wonderfully cheerful presence in the grim waiting room and I thought I should celebrate her humour and spirit.

Thank you.

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

goldenlangur

Hi Lake,

What a treasure of wisdom here! :

Lake wrote:

As the saying goes: good fortune lieth within bad, bad fortune lurkethe within good.

Lake

Thank you also for this lovely thought:

"... it seems to me there's poetry everywhere. "

You sum up well the power of this medium.

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Hello Tony,

Your ruminations brought a big smile! Perhaps her husband was driven to learn 'out of necessity'. But it seemed to have worked, in the end as she certainly felt 'lucky'!

icon_smile.gif goldenlangur

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Hi Tink,

Lovely to hear from you! You've got the spirit of the woman 'leaning back to relax' and 'being able to' - her broken leg was a deliverance of some sort.

Thank you for sharing your experience of cooking - It's admirable that you encouraged your son to be self-reliant and I'm sure it certainly enhanced his charm in the eyes of his wife. Love the image of he and his wife preparing a family meal together.

I do remember your accounts of feasts you prepare for the 4th July celebrations - mouth watering and awesome for an average cook like myself!

How is your writing - haven't read your work for a while now. I hope you are doing fine

icon_smile.gif goldenlangur

goldenlangur