side by side - haiku

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

side by side

two spiders walk the ceiling -

late night radio

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

What a retro feel to this one ... Late night radio! These days, for me, it's late night internet radio. icon_smile.gif Three life signs (that of the narrator and those of his two arachnid companions) in conjunction with the "spirit of radio" renders a sense of peaceful solitude and co-exsistence.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Hi Golden,

You really manage the Haiku, Tanka forms well.

two spiders walk the ceiling

This is so vivid. I think I'm still struggling with the turn in both Haiku and Tanka, which is very crucial in these forms. Hope to learn more from you.

Best,

Lake

goldenlangur

Hello Tony,

One day, surely one day, we will have 'internet radio' here too, is our hope! I can well imagine how flexible and liberating 'internet radio' can be! But for now it is an old Sony that I use.

How lovely that you read

peaceful solitude and co-exsistence.

I envied the 'arachnid' companions' dexterity!

Thank you for this enjoyable review.

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

goldenlangur

Hi Lake,

You're very generous in your compliment about my use of the haiku and tanka forms!

You echo Basho when you say how challenging and crucial the 'turn' is. I think he said something to the effect, that if out of 100 haiku one writes, if a single one works then that is an achievement!

I too struggle with this aspect and so I keep trying - practice is what helps, I find. I hope you will post your haiku and tanka.

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Aleksandra

Wonderful GL. I loved this too.

Yes practice helps in everything, but somewhere helps more and somewhere less icon_biggrin.png. At your case helps a lot, because still I can't read something bad from you icon_biggrin.png

I like how you expressed the third line. It comes in wonderful order after first two lines.

Much enjoyed my friend

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

Haiku, that is, traditional haiku, supposes to capture a moment of insight between two apparently unrelated things. In your piece, GL, I thought it was insomnia! :-)

"Words are not things, and yet they are not non-things either." - Ann Lauterbach

goldenlangur

Hello Aleksandra and JoelJosol,

Thank you both for your thoughts on this haiku. You're too kind about my writing, Aleksandra! I've binned many more than I've posted and when one thinks of poets in Japan and elsewhere who write nothing but either haiku or tanka, then one is truly humbled - practice sometimes does not seem enough!

So glad that you read 'insomnia', JoelJosol - you could not be more right! And yes, the haiku turns on a juxtaposition of two images.

Enjoyed your feedback very much.

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

So glad that you enjoyed this Frank.

Thank you,

goldenlangur

goldenlangur