Poetry Magnum Opus

iambic pentameter

khashan

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't this be a better example of pure iambic pentameter if you end the sentence with fence rather than fences? But then you wouldn't have an example of trochaic meter if you started the sentence with fence. Of course you don't have a sentence that makes any sense starting with fence or fences so I'm not so sure this is the best example but I do like the graphics.

​~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

Wouldn't this be a better example of pure iambic pentameter if you end the sentence with fence rather than fences? But then you wouldn't have an example of trochaic meter if you started the sentence with fence. Of course you don't have a sentence that makes any sense starting with fence or fences so I'm not so sure this is the best example but I do like the graphics.

​~~Tink

Thank you Tinker.

OK let it be fence " fence "

Trochaic%20and%20Iambic.gif

The trochaic pentameter line is from : http://literarydevices.net/pentameter/.

LOOK is stressed . look is unstressed.

I love the graphics of anapestic pentameter.

~~Tink

Thanks Tinker.

The idea behind drawing meter is to show the mathematical background behind different aspects of culture.

" The mathematics of rhythm are universal. They don't belong to any particular culture." - John McLaughli

. Lawrence University catalog, Cited in Essays in Humanistic Mathematics, Alvin White, ed, MAA, 1993

"Born of man's primitive urge to seek order in his world, mathematics is an ever-evolving language for the study of structure and pattern. Grounded in and renewed by physical reality, mathematics rises through sheer intellectual curiosity to levels of abstraction and generality where unexpected, beautiful, and often extremely useful connections and patterns emerge. Mathematics is the natural home of both abstract thought and the laws of nature. It is at once pure logic and creative art"