Powerful rich men
behaving badly
It must stop, but when?
         ~~Judi Van Gorder

Written in response to: Write a Seicinque

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

Hi Tink

Not in the life time of your current President! The repetition of the form reflects the regularity of the crimes committed.

best

badge

I know Badge.   But I am encouraged this is finally happening.   Many women, especially in a male dominated professions, have come up against some degree of inappropriate behavior.    The "Me Too" campaign shows that.  And yes Me Too.  It can be very uncomfortable and even frightening. And abuse isn't exclusive to just female victims.  

~~Tink 

I hope no one is waiting for an apology from me, because none is forthcoming! :@ Just kidding, I apologize if I've offended anyone. :tongue::ph34r:

Nice work, Judi. Excellent use of art to zoom in on a hot topic current event. I think works like these help keep attention on not only the past/present scandal but the problem in general, hopefully mitigating its ongoing nature by helping to force necessary positive change.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Very funny Tony,  yes I hope you are just kidding. :wub:    I know there are some incidents that it is a woman who is the predator but I truly believe those are isolated.   It is a power thing not really a sex thing, sex is just the tool.  There are so many more men in power than women.   When all of this stuff flooded the news it was easy to react with "all men are pigs" especially when so many women have been victims, highlighted by the "me too" campaign.  But then I have to step back and think of all of the men who have been gentlemen, the men I trust with my life, the men I have a great deal of respect for.  My husband, my son, my many male friends.  

Hot topics are always good fodder for those times when you need a subject to write about.

~~Tink 

• 3 weeks later...

Agree.

Love lines 2 and 3 repeated in each stanza, and the rhyme in line 4.