Poetry Magnum Opus

Let the Games Begin

Tinker

Have they begun?!? I'm seeing some buzz, but I'm kind of out of it, so I don't know if they're actually underway. 

I tried the link for the septolet and got an error message. Not sure why...

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Yes Tony, they have begun!   We've gotten gold already.... 17 year old kid Red Gerard and Jamie Anderson  both slope style snow boarding so fun to watch!  What world do you live in?   Canada won gold for the team Ice competition... Some beautiful skating.   And the entrance of the nations was emotional as always, most emotional was North and South Korea marched in one uniform, as one nation.   That was very cool.   Opening ceremony was awesome as usual but nothing will top China's in my mind.  I'm obviously not a winter sports person partly because snow is alien to me. (I did go Tahoe when I was younger and skied a few times.) But snow is cold. I prefer the summer sports. It is still exciting to watch the Winter Olympics.  

~~Tink

PS I fixed the link

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

Thanks for the piece. I like the sound of "mile high slide". The first golds are all over Twitter.

"Words are not things, and yet they are not non-things either." - Ann Lauterbach

Thanks Joel for noticing my word play.    In a small restrictive form like this, sounds and balance become a major component in the delivery. The on/off in the previous line is my favorite though.  I love words.  

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com