The Hare who was frightened

Running and hiding

Saying Silly Silly Boy

Your world is so fragile

Enjoy this hunt

chase magnificent

Now.

Thanks Badge!

As I was formulating the piece, I suddenly saw the young new poet at the open mic, who feels obligated to preface the poem with an explanation or a signifier, and realized I had been doing that to an extent as well about the poem that was emerging. Heh;-)

• 4 weeks later...

Juris, it's funny how by now some of us have been around long enough to have the benefit of hindsight. ? I tend not to preface, but I do love background info on artworks and enjoy when others give insight into what inspires them. 

I enjoyed how you expressed the various stages from knowing oneself, to the wanting, to the separating, to knowing too much, knowing "nothing too well." Sometimes I wonder if it would be desirable or beneficial to toggle back and forth between the stages.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

• 1 month later...

Hi DC,   I really enjoyed reading this.  Sometimes you fly way over my head but this poem was clear as a bell.  I could feel it, understand it and truly appreciate it.  Thank you. 
~~Tink

PS... I love background and footnotes with a poem but I want them at the end not the beginning.  I want to savor the poem first, then take it a step further with additional or explanatory notes.  At another site, I'm able to create "drop notes" where on the post all you see is the poem and the link marked "Notes".  If you click on the link it opens and any footnotes or explaination of form or whatever the poet chooses to share is there, hidden for those who want more.  I haven't figured out how to do that here yet.  There has to be a way.

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:34 AM, Tinker said:

At another site, I'm able to create "drop notes" where on the post all you see is the poem and the link marked "Notes".  If you click on the link it opens and any footnotes or explaination of form or whatever the poet chooses to share is there, hidden for those who want more.  I haven't figured out how to do that here yet.  There has to be a way.

You could add a footnotes topic to the Member Archive, and each poem's footnote link could point to its own reply within the topic. You could even add links within the footnote replies which reverse back to their respective poems.

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:34 PM, tonyv said:

You could add a footnotes topic to the Member Archive, and each poem's footnote link could point to its own reply within the topic. You could even add links within the footnote replies which reverse back to their respective poems. 

Tony, What a great idea.   I have now created a Footnote thread where anyone can post their "footnote" and link it back to their poem.  Footnotes

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

• 2 weeks later...

This impresses upon me how a potentially mundane exercise of running through a cemetery turn into profound reflections latching into images and thoughts in the library of our mind converting the routine into a "liturgy" or a poet using spoken poetry takes the mic and ignites our reflections of hawks and hares. 

"Words are not things, and yet they are not non-things either." - Ann Lauterbach