unbridled
revelry reverberates
through the throng.
Happy Holiday!
         ~~Judi Van Gorder

Acrostic

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

Summer is here, Judi. Time to kick back, relax ... I wouldn't have noticed this poem is an acrostic if you hadn't said so, it reads so well. Happy Fourth!

Tony  😎  🧨

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Thanks Tony,  Yes summer is here and I am spending a lot of time outside in the sun.  It has been so beautiful here and after ignoring my garden for over 3 years, I have taken on the jungle and it is starting to look a little more groomed.  A Mexican gardener drove by while I was trying without success to restart my weedwhacker and he backed up and asked if I needed help.  He started it for me and offered to work for me.  He now works for me for a full day every other week and he brings another Mexican laborer.  They've done the really hard stuff like ripping out the wild blackberries that took over at least 1/4 acre of my yard, I can now approach my apple, plum and peach trees and I have been able to put in a vegetable garden the first time in a few years.  So awesome to get help. I'll soon have cucumbers, tomatoes, 3 different kind of squashes, chard, and 4 different kinds of lettuce.  The broccoli, cauliflower and pumpkins will come in a little later.  I'm so excited.

And Scott is coming home Wednesday so I'll be whooping it up with my 4 grandkids for the 4th.  We have plans to go to the fair grounds for fair food and a fireworks on the 4th.  I think there will be carnival rides too.  I'm beyond going on rides but I will watch the kids throw up from high up in the sky.  Fun times.

~~Judi 

David W. Parsley

I like the acrostic, Tink.  But what really got my imagination going was spirals of, uhm, incomplete digestion erupting from a high flying whirligig!

Hope it was a great 4th.  (What happened to all those blackberries?  😉)

- Dave

Haha, Dave, Well no one hurled from high above this year but I've seen it happen.  Yuck.   😜

We got the berry vines out before they produced fruit.  But I have more vines down at the bottom of my horse pasture which we didn't bother with and they will be producing blackberries aplenty very soon.  I'll be baking some pies and giving berries away to friends or at least offering to let them come and pick their own. I wish I could rent a goat to put in my pasture.   For a couple of years, I had a neighbor who had goats and we let them into the pasture and they ate everything.  I didn't even have to have the pasture mowed.  The last couple of years I've had to hire a guy with a tractor to come and mow my field because of the fire danger.  While we had horses,  of course, it was never an issue.