Poetry Magnum Opus

How About Hiding Workshop

David W. Parsley

David W. Parsley

In addition to personal life stuff, I have still been writing.  And I could really use some workshopping help from the membership here.  But my aim (foolish man that I am) is to still try to publish in the broader market, at least some of my stuff.  Problem is, almost all journals refuse to consider work that has appeared on-line.  With the Workshop open to public view, the editors consider this a "prior publication."  What would folks say to rendering the Workshop visible only to Members?

- Dave

Dave, I like it. There's absolutely no reason non-members should be able to peer into the workshop. I'll make the settings change and hide it today. 

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

It was my understanding that The Workshop and A Poem I Read Today were hidden to the public.  That is the way Tony set it up or at least how it evolved early on.   The Workshop for the privacy of the member and A Poem I Read Today to protect us from copyright infringement laws.  I'm pretty sure Badger has worked on some poems here that later went on to be published in the real world.   Sometimes we take for granted the care and consideration Tony put into the construction and ongoing evolution of Poetry Magnum Opus and he is always looking for ways to improve or tweak our virtual home base.  Once again,  thank you, Tony.

~~Judi

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

• 2 weeks later...
David W. Parsley

Uhm, gee, what a marvelous idea I had!  (Blush)

Thanks for thinking it through, in advance, Tony.  I am posting something today!!

- Dave

6 minutes ago, David W. Parsley said:

Uhm, gee, what a marvelous idea I had!  (Blush)

Well, it certainly is a concern for anyone who happens to care, and that includes you. Most of us stay logged in all the time, so we don't notice how some of our forums are inaccessible to random, often unwelcome visitors.

Always excited to see you,

Tony :happy:

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

David W. Parsley

Tony, I must have accessed the Workshop while I was still logged in but didn't realize it.  Thanks for your kind words!  It is good to be back in the company of PMO poet friends on a more sustained basis.  This place is great because of your thoughtfulness and integrity in resisting advertisers and other unwelcome visitors, and because of the inimitable membership.

- Dave