Poetry Magnum Opus

Meghan Markle

Tinker

#4  Meghan Markle

Morning's News, I read Meghan Markle
traded kisses with hubby that sparkled.
American actress turned princess, a treasure,
but why is her kiss News, what's the measure?
                                       ~~Judi Van Gorder
Notes: ▼

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

41 minutes ago, Tinker said:

but why is her kiss News, what's the measure?

I, too, wonder why. I don't do well with royalty anyway, but the same goes for ordinary celebrities. Why would I care to see "news" stories about some actress's or musician's romatic relationship or offspring?  🤢🤮:rolleyes::laugh:

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Ah, the voice of the UK, that makes sense Badge.  But here in the US, front page news, not so much. 

She was a small screen actress in a series most Americans never watched, the show wasn't on the prime network stations and she wasn't the star.  She had only a bit part until later on in the series as the love interest of the star.   Many never heard of her until she was engaged to Harry.  I get it, the fairy tale, American commoner marries British royalty, that is news.  Adding the fact that she is bi-racial enhances the fairy tale dream. Admittedly I watched the wedding, I am a romantic.   But a kiss at a polo match?  People in love exchange kisses, not news.  At a polo match, hard to relate. I've been in the "horse" world most of my adult life, horse shows, jumpers, rodeos, dressage, endurance, races, cutting class competitions, cattle drives and simply everyday trail rides, I've been exposed to or experienced them all but never ran across polo.  That is something that happens in another world. Google polo here and you get Ralph Lauren "polo" shirts.  Searching further, there is a US Polo Association but it must be more popular back east, here in the west, pretty obscure, although I am sure if I searched hard enough I might find something.

Haha, the old world colliding with the new, Ok some interest, but back page not front page.

~~Tink

4 hours ago, dr_con said:

Nice piece and an interesting form.

Thanks DC,  the Clerihew is meant to be humorous, making fun of celebrities and politicians.   Dimeter or the natural flow of the English language as long as the lines are equal and the couplets rhyme.  All in good fun.  No offense intended.

President Trump
tweets in a humph,
amid critic's complaints
that Acosta's past, taints.
                   ~~jvg

President Trump
seems rather plump,
despite his denial
his weight's not on trial. 
                     ~~jvg

Donald Trump
narcistic lump,
encourages hate,
plays with our fate.
                   ~~jvg   (I guess this one, not so funny but it rhymes )