flames force folks to flee
blaze lights night sky
choking smoke
hot ash
Leave!
         ~~Judi Van Gorder

Notes:

8 Lines
Inspired by last night's fire, friends evacuated, 10000 acres burned so far with 0% containment. Another threatening fire with no end in sight.
Verse Form: Octet

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

I have been evacuated since Saturday.  There is still no power at home or at the office but the winds have turned, fire danger is reduced and i need to be home.  i have a generator.  A huge tree fell from across the road and took out a big section of my fence and gate to my horse pasture.  That is my house under the big redwood in the background.  Luckily I no longer have horses. It is really smokey there.  The fire is is really pretty far away.   BB33C64B-7355-4DE6-B796-B697EA5DA3BF.png

Thank you Phil.  Winds clocked at 90 miles per hour.  I'm glad I wasn't home at the time.  Now I have returned, still no power but my generator runs my house so I am comfortable and safe.
They are working on restoring the lines as I type.  Power has been turned off by the power company as of Saturday because of the high winds and fire danger.  At least when they are ready to turn the power back on the lines will already be repaired.  Power won't be returned today or tomorrow more wind predicted tonight and tomorrow morning.   I'm fine.  I have lived through this before and I am prepared. My husband is in Mexico on our boat so I don't have to worry about him. I don't think I would have evacuated if I hadn't had my granddaughter living with me.  She was nervous and I felt it best to get her out. She went on to So California to her parents and will stay for the week before returning here. By then everything should be settled down.  

~~Judi