an erotic OOOO

and a that’s right

and now you’re getting it

Do I dare say a Oneness?

a dissolution of It and me

an ecstatic return to the We

There now

Does that feel better?

I always scratch the itch. I lack the patience and self-control for anything less. And I'm not waiting for the pizza to cool either. If I burn my mouth and I'm left with third degree burns on my chin and face it's worth it.

I like how the poem heightens in intensity, especially after the second stanza. This is very well put together from start to finish.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my gosh, how novel! The scratch or itch as archetype of humans' sense of ego-separation from the rest of creation vis-à-vis the delusive body vehicle! I find this topic, and your exploration of it, fascinating.

I love your droll title, with its dual connotations of a "scratch" and a "difficult situation." Your poem confronts both.

"Time to address"--nice start. This issue clearly has been bugging you for awhile--time to face it head on!

why we end in the derma

why  the itch is not of us

Why, indeed? From the outset, you seem to mix things up by using the terms "scratch," "scritch," "scrape," and "itch" interchangeably to mean any one of three things: a scratch from without, an itch from within, and a scratch from, well, somewhere between without and within (i.e., the person's hand). While all this does reinforce your exploration of boundaries, at times it does not feel intentional and just leaves me confused. If any of these verbal mixups are intentional, I guess I'd like to get a clearer sense of this--perhaps by your introducing the fluidity gradually, after we've had a chance to get our bearings as readers with some clearly defined and used terms.

"Erotic 0000" is an allusion that escapes me. ?

Do I dare say a Oneness?

a dissolution of It and me

an ecstatic return to the We

This is hilarious! I never knew an itch could be so sublimely profound! And yet, in essence, it is.

There now

Does that feel better?

Ha! This stock line here gains an entirely broader significance in light of the metaphysical exploration that has preceded.

You present deeply serious questions with a ticklingly funny approach. Overall, a highly innovative and successful work.