Poetry Magnum Opus

getting high all the time

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Larsen M. Callirhoe

please debate with me on this poem. i see things from different perspecvtive now that i need pain medication to ease my nerve pain from a car accident that broke my neck.

Getting High

I love taking drugs.

They make me touch other realities.

But,enough is enough.

I am addicted to taking pain pills,

Don't the doctors give a damn?

Can't they make my pain go away with out them?

They freely prescribe them to me.

I get hot flashes all the time.

Please pray for me because I wanna die.

they feed me the pills like there is no tomorrow.

Do I really give a damn.

Even after I question the ignorant greedy doctors

abut taking all their garbage. They still keep feeding

me the drugs like there is no tomorrow to care for.

Turn back the clock, but would it change my life.

I wanna dance under the moon lit night.

I think the drugs rule my mind.

Reason being I dream awake.

Lucid thoughts drive me wild.

My sex drive is all but gone.

Yet I desire another lover.

Hormones stop controlling my life.

Or is it the drugs taking control

of me & my life.

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Not much to debate Larsen, you seem to have captured the problem well- As Rimbaud said:

If you take drugs to think, fairly soon you will need the drugs to think

---

Doesn't bother me, drugs are both endogenous and external, who is to say which offers better thoughts? You are in chronic pain. Doctors primarily only treat symptoms- Pain/not pain- In other circumstances, I good through a long and twisting route, probably find people to help you with Ibogaine or Dextromethorphan or maybe the infamous K, but it wouldn't release your pain (although it might) but it would reset your opiod tolerance allowing you to use a great deal less.

Does your state have medical marijuana? If it does, and you can get a doctors recommendation, you might consider that option- Will not mess with your sex drive, or produce the same kind of manic-depressive suicidal drive---

If you are bound and determined to use less opiates, or live an external drugless life;-) Then, you may want to look up Shinzen Young: Shinzen- specifically his work with pain:

http://www.shinzen.org/shinsub3/artPain.pdf

He is offering, very cheap (and in your case, possibly free) teleconference meditation sessions through

http://basicmindfulness.org/

You get to work with him directly, and they are quite fun! He teaches people regardless of faith, and has particularly good things to say about chronic pain....

So no debating, just commenting

icon_lol.gif I have known many people in your position, some who because of life circumstance developed a relationship with a poison, and some deliberately took that path. Good luck! and Much, much sympathy!

DC

Larsen M. Callirhoe

hi DC,

thanks for the philosophical response. i will check out the sites and people you mentioned. i was offered hypnosis as a choice to rid me of chronic pain and to improve my memory because it is dreadful since my car accident. my memory has improved tenfold since the accident but i don't remember grammar rules, how to spell large words anympore, simple daily acticity memory too.

i at the time thought the dr. of doing the hynotising on me would damage my mind. i have since changed my veiwpoints of this method.

i don't know if there is much to debate because i stated clearly how i feel about taking drugs in my poem. i love the feeling of the high but don't like how the meds destroy the liver and kidneys.

i have smoked marijuna and taken it or eaten it in brownies. it was very tasty i might add. im not against drug use. i think they should make it legal and tax the hell out of it lol. i know many people would disagree about it lol. but i think differently than most people do about taken drugs, they exist so why not use them.

i live in the state of ohio. i don't think marijuanna is legal to take over-the-counter. i know three states allow it for medical purposes. i think as many as nine or ten states allow it for medical reasons.

as always thanks for the response.

i never though doing marijana was bad for the body. after all it is a natural herb. i was a health freak before my accident and didnt do drugs cause i thought it would hurt my body i did smoke and eat marijanna however and occassionally drink. i exercised almost daily for most of my life up to the time of the injury. several months before my injury i did stop exercising daily because sex was a daily routine that took away from my time of exercising.

larsen aka vic

Larsen M. Callirhoe

I like the candid, confessional nature of the poem, Victor. In it, you contrast desires and outcomes of desires acted upon when you balance the "highs" derived from drug use with their corresponding lows.

I don't have much to offer on the discussion that follows other than a reflection on this statement:

Larsen M. Callirhoe wrote:

i never though doing marijuana was bad for the body. after all it is a natural herb

... which seems to be a statement rooted in false logic. For example, lead is a natural substance, but it isn't good to ingest. Okay, so lead is not an "herb," but I'm sure there are plants which are poisonous, too. (I'm not versed in botany, so I can't name any. Nightshade perhaps? I dunno.) In the case of marijuana (if one were to smoke it), common sense would seem to dictate that inhaling the smoke particulate can't possibly be good for the lungs ... even if the drug itself is not bad. BUT, I know nothing about it. So, my only real point of logic is that just because something can be found in nature it's not necessarily good for the human.:|

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Larsen M. Callirhoe

HI TONY THEIR ARE BERRRIES IF EASTEN CAN CAUSE THE BODY SICKNESS BUT THEY THESE OPLANTS ARE SOUGHT OUT IF YOU ARE CONSTIPATED LOL.

GOD DID SAY IN GENESIS LET EVERY GREEN HERB BE YOUR MEAT AND STRENGHT LOL, THERE HAS TO BE POSITIVE IN MARIJYABA. IT HELPSS CANCER PATUENTS REGAIN THEIR APETITE LOL. IF SOMETIME EXISTS I BELIVE GOOD WILL COME OUT OF IT THOUGH MANKIND BRINGS THE BAD OUT OF SUBSTANCES. I KNOW THEIR ARE SOME PLANTS WHEN THERE LIGUIDS ARE MIXED TOGETHER THESE CONCOCKTIONS CAN MAKE YOU VERY SUCJ.

VIC

Larsen M. Callirhoe

In the case of marijuana (if one were to smoke it), common sense would seem to dictate that inhaling the smoke particulate can't possibly be good for the lungs

And of course, that's where common sense becomes a fallible guide icon_eek.gif In the largest study of its kind it was found that moderate marijuana smokers, had a lower rate of lung cancer than non-smokers AND those who smoked both tobacco and marijuana, had a lower rate of cancer than tobacco only smokers- And of course there is the Volcano , which is of the class of vaporizers which release the essential ingredients without burning the material- Now, of course, I never touch the stuff erm icon_cool.gif but I'm just saying icon_surprised.gif its nice to live in a state where its legal for medical reasons- and frankly in Berkley, my cigarette habit is far more nefarious and counter-culture than lighting up a doobie icon_biggrin.png

Where, was I again- oh ya, back to the poetry- This was a PSA from Dr. Concrescence, your happy Doctor

icon_lol.gif

Well stated poem. I can sense the futility of popping pills.

I just started smoking pot...to replace my drinking habit.....

now I do both icon_tongue.png

I'll pray for you now Larsen,

Dear God,

Comfort Larsen with your warm loving arms....

send angels to visit him in his times of lonliness

bless his creativity

and may he have a wonderful season of Spring !

......in Jesus's name I ask these favors !

star3.png

Larsen M. Callirhoe

thanks everyone for your responses. i will get back to everyone tomorrow god willing.

Jonathan i feel you man and thanks for the real prayer. i really don't like taken any pills medications drugs etc... i do like wine and hard liguor every now and then in a mixed drink. the only vitamins i took were a multi vitamin multi mineral vitamin extra vitamin c and multi vitamin b vitamin. i really don't think taking and smoking or eating pot is wrong. many people do tho lol. first i dont judge and two if you do it will come back and bite you in the ass lol. marijuna is a green herb and god blessed them (green herbs) as far as i know according to the bible.

as for atheists they can't explain death and fear it lol. i have had 21 near death experiences and i have been out of my body and talked to other spirits that were either angels or spirit guides so yes Jonathan angels comfort me in my loneliness lol they told me in one of my outta body near death experiences it is not my time. they also in another one of those experiences told me Jesus return should be soon. atheist bite and chew on that.

larsen

Larsen M. Callirhoe