Poetry Magnum Opus

Clerical Hue

Frank E Gibbard

Frank E Gibbard

(Yet another sort of Clerihew - & you will know I can't resist a pun)

Consider the awful pervert priest,

Sly in vestments: a hidden beast;

His Church have had cause to rue,

The revelation of their real hue.

(Happy Easter)

Oh my Frank, too bad you don't have a famous name ... but I guess these guys are only famous in their own communities. For my area it would be,

Gary Timmons pervert priest,

sly in vestments: a hidden beast;

The Church has had cause to rue

the revelation of his true hue.

Someone I liked very much, someone I trusted... He went away to jail for a long time. Not much to laugh about though.

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

Larsen M. Callirhoe

frank i might add something. humans make up religions. they come and go.

i believe in a higher power because of what i was revealed in near death experiemces. i know god exists because i am a seer. not a prophet. i am very spiritual. when you die you will be afraid to enter the light. don't fear it. this poem was truthfil about a small percentage of priets, ny pastor was very godly but put to many limitations on god.

thanks franl for introducing me to this style of poem. i havent fugured out what i should write about though.

victor aka larse

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Frank E Gibbard

Thanks Tink. Sorry for your more personal knowledge of the species i.e. that percentage of bad apples. I'l give Clerihews a rest for a while.True they should be about specific "names", it's why I called it a sort of one. The pun clerical hue I couldn't resist. Frank

It was years ago Frank, I was Director of Religious Education for my parish for 25 years and I am a retired "Master Catechist" for my diocese. (certified by the church to teach adults how to teach religion) I knew and worked with 3 such priests in my diocese. All men I had great respect for, men I truly thought gifted, charismatic and holy.

It was their revealing that confirmed my belief in the power of evil in this world. Not only were their victims damaged, but they were damaged, their gifts thrown away and in turn they damaged the church and all good priests around them by their taint. My friend Gary I am afraid was sickest of all. A good, charitable, caring man in so many ways, who had been himself abused as a child by a priest. Even in prison he still believed that he was only sharing his love with those boys. He truly believed no one could love them as much as he. So twisted! Of course he was defrocked and last I heard is still in prison. One of his victims committed suicide.

This is an evil disease and is not exclusive territory of the catholic church.

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com