Poetry Magnum Opus

The last walk

eclipse

I believed the last hill walk would be my final one. Rock is like a blind man reading braille lyrics to a song. What is the light like at the minds final peak. This mist is the winds bandaged reflection, heaven within heaven is revealed section by section.

Rain is the Sky's walking stick, a head forms on the walking stick of the angel shadowing me, it has my eyes from which light enters from those of the angel at the canes rise. The last forest I passed through with my departed wife is lit, her face forms gradually in the bark of the trees that we pass, rain drops are like pieces of glass

As I move down an empty road ghosts leave the moons sleeping bag, who they invite with incantations to taste a different trajectory towards a gilded twin with ice rings.
Winter walks in its coat of snow beneath the stars endless glow, spirits amble slowly to heaven in silhouette against nights strolling endless jet.
Winter walks on it's hands whispering to deserts about feet burning,I am part of the moons fleet being guided through dreams across sand, ice in search of thieves footprints, the return of the mountains coat and the price.
This is my first walk as a spirit, following a procession, flakes of snow fingerprints, fragments of a life covering a gravestone, will letters burn through. Snow drops are echoed in the light of stars in the eyes of those mourners who could be bothered to look.

Barry, I'm liking your recent applications of the prose poem form. This one has magical/mystical qualities, and I love the woodland setting. I like how the piece meanders from a question:

On 6/15/2020 at 10:57 AM, eclipse said:

What is the light like at the minds final peak

to knowledge:

On 6/15/2020 at 10:57 AM, eclipse said:

This is my first walk as a spirit.

Other notable highlights:

• "The last forest I passed through with my departed wife is lit, her face forms gradually in the bark of the trees that we pass, rain drops are like pieces of glass."
  •  "Snow drops are echoed in the light of stars in the eyes of those mourners who could be bothered to look."

I enjoyed this.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

• 2 weeks later...