Poetry Magnum Opus

Cut short by one syllable

dr_con

Cut short by one syllable 

It's incautious to snort

Hell's Angels bathtub speed

without health insurance

off of white porcelain.

This and many other tidbits are appearing on Gate(less) with the accompanying images. Link to signing up in signature line. I'll try to post some new work here occasionally, but am consumed by making Gate(less) my personal showcase - So if you occasionally enjoy my work, I ask you sign up for the 'free' options. Low volume;-)

Much Appreciation,

Juris d. Ahn and Dr. Con

Hi Juris,

Not unwrapping this one, but that is not definitive. The opening line is characteristically DR. C, a clarity to hook, but then threads into L2 to make me wonder what's going on. A web search referenced 'poor man's coke', which made L3 darkly comic. Perhaps the 'gear' had been cut with porcelain. Of course, it is the 'one syllable', rather than the narcotics that has me hooked.

best

Phil

Thanks Phil for commenting. Yes the intention is darkly humorous and its always refreshing to be reminded that their are americanisms and subculture colloquialisms. The Porcelain is off of, not ground into;-) Maybe the image will help! 😉 https://conjurd.substack.com/p/a-true-and-accurate-account

Much appreciation,

Juris 

Hi Juris,   This is quite different than your usual offerings.   I like its brevity.

I am wondering, though probably correct, it might read with more clarity "Hell's Angel Bathtub Speed"  like a name or title without the possessive 's.  Just a thought that occurred when I read it for the 2nd time because I stumbled on it the first read.   I understand your choosing another site and I am sure we will all look in but please don't abandon us entirely.  We all have other sites we visit but only have so much time to divide ourselves too thin.

~~Judi

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

TY Judi, changed per your directive. No its not another site, rather its a once weekly poetry Blog/zine. Everyone choose the 'Free' option, although I am beginning to do 'Paid' subscriptions, right now its still primarily focused on doing newer more multimedia poems;-) And I will be checking in here occasionally. TY! J

• 3 weeks later...

This like a haiku, but more my speed (pun intended). I enjoyed it a lot.

I get your weekly publication in the PMO inbox and enjoy its tasteful, elegant layout. Don't forget to include a promotional topic for it in our "Promotions" forum.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic