Poetry Magnum Opus

13-line poem ( a-z )

Aleksandra

Aleksandra

Write a poem using all the letters of the alphabet, as follows: use a word that begins with the letter a as the first word of the first line. Use a word that ends with the letter b as the last word of the first line. Use a word that begins with the letter c as the first word of the second line. Use a word that ends with the letter d as the last word of the second line. Continue with this alternating pattern until you have created a 13-line poem using all the letters of the alphabet, a-z.

I am not sure if this form has a name, but about that Tinker or somebody else can help me icon_smile.gif I know we were doing this before, just I don't remember well. So I found my poem in this order, and I want to share here too.

And they talk about the ones who rob

crying faces and all killed

every step remind me of the old wolf

graves feed the sigh

in the glory of Taj

kiss the spirit and try to feel

moon shines with your sin

over the sun and earth leap

quarter sin from his firs fear

set all his sins under my foot

under his rev

while I was embroider your face on flax

you killed me with one stupid buzz!

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

goldenlangur

Very impressive Aleksandra your poem using this form.

Great idea! Will dip into my mushy brains and see what I can come up with.

You make it seem so easy!!

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

Aleksandra

Hi goldenlangur, icon_smile.gif I am glad that you like it this idea. I wait to see your try :).

Yes seems easy, now it is easy for me to say that, but when I wrote that icon_surprised.gif ahh I had a real fun but it was hard for me, but ok that because my English vocabulary it is not so rich. So I wait from you much more better icon_wink.gif

Aleksandra

History of Macedonia

Yes aleks, this is an acrostic of sorts. Closest resembling the Japanese version of the acrostic, the Iroha Mokigusari. Although in the iroha mokigusari, there is also an alternating 5/7/5 etc. syllable count.

These are very difficult to do and make any sense. I had to laugh reading yours aleks, you obviously had fun with this, I enjoyed the read. It is the only way to approach the form.

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

Aleksandra

Thank you Tinker for your words. Yes it is really hard to write something like this. And no I haven't fun while I was writing this because I wanted to find sense and to think a lot, and to search for words in my poor vocabulary. So I think that this one is much better than I thought it can be. And I was surprised by me icon_smile.gif . Now I see there is one interesting story in this " poem " icon_smile.gif And it's make some sense to me.

Thank you for your reading

Aleksandra

History of Macedonia