Poetry Magnum Opus

The Day is Done

Aleksandra

A thought-provoking morsel, Aleksandra.

Here it's neither night nor day.

It's something in between.

The speaker's "here" can be one or several different places. Taken literally, it could be twilight time -- a "dark time of the soul" for many -- in her own village. Or, more metaphorically speaking, the "here" could be referring to one of the poet's own Hopkinsesque moments. I love a well-composed short poem, and this one's right there.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Or, more metaphorically speaking, the "here" could be referring to one of the poet's own Hopkinsesque moments. I love a well-composed short poem, and this one's right there.

Tony

Tony thank you so much for your reading this poem on the way as you did.

I loved the poem what you shared and made a connection between. I enjoyed the Hopkinsesque moments in his poem so yes, I expressed one of my " own " moments and I am not refering to Twilight :).

Thanks for your comment Tony.

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

goldenlangur

Hi Alesandra,

Your poem gives the reader much to take and interpret. From a Buddhist perspective, the here could be the liminal/in-between phase of bardo - a state where nothing that we have known in our lives matter and no calibration in human terms can quite measure that in-between sense of suspension of all realities.

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

Hi Alesandra,

Your poem gives the reader much to take and interpret. From a Buddhist perspective, the here could be the liminal/in-between phase of bardo - a state where nothing that we have known in our lives matter and no calibration in human terms can quite measure that in-between sense of suspension of all realities.

Golden, thank you a lot. You told everything - I can't ask for more. I am picturing your comment.

Thanks for the pleasure reading your thoughts for this " poem ".

Aleksandra

History of Macedonia

Hi Alek, I love small poems such as yours. Every word is important and in this poem, poignant. This piece is a small gem.

~~Tink

Thank you Tink. Glad you like it. I just found this one in my notebook as some written expression, maybe in the time was some idea for a poem, but stayed as it is now, so I decided to make it a poem by itself :).

Alek

History of Macedonia

Aleksandra,

A great work of deep brevity which causes the inevitable collapse of rational discourse causing the critic to inevitably and with deep delight comment at lengths far greater yet far less powerful than your succinct and wonderful piece! ;-)

Many thanks! a real gem!

DC

Aleksandra,

A great work of deep brevity which causes the inevitable collapse of rational discourse causing the critic to inevitably and with deep delight comment at lengths far greater yet far less powerful than your succinct and wonderful piece! ;-)

Many thanks! a real gem!

DC

Dr.Con thank you so much for this detailed - terse comment. I am glad you like this piece.

Aleksandra

History of Macedonia