Poetry Magnum Opus

Mongolia

tonyv

A nomad never paid to write a poem;
he nowise could stand still to be with you.
The city where I found you is a ghost;
it does not matter to it who you are.
Cornflower skies and steppes extend; they blend
where night descends. I never wrote a poem.

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Aleksandra
A nomad never paid to write a poem:

he nowise could stand still to be with you.

The city where I found you is a ghost --

Ah my dear Tony. This poem is one of your best written poems. I love this poem.

It sounds so sad, emotional, lonely.

Your writing where you include the titles as Mongolia, Ukraina, ... are all so lovely. That shows the deepness of your spirit and you are catch the life and spirit of the places where we see something interesting and worth for to write about it.

I love this sentence very much:

That sounds very sad and it is so touching, and powerful.

Also the ending part:

Ah I love ending part so much. You give there some wonderful imagery: Cornflower skies - how wonderful look that kind of skies.

The last line there goes so good in this composition of poem, if go back and look into beginning, where it starts with : A nomad never paid to write a poem. And then on the end you say - " I never wrote a poem"

That makes wonderful compact of imageries and expressions AND the sense of this poem. The end gives some enigmatic feeling and some hidden sense what makes you to think about.

I enjoyed so much in this poem Tonyy. And ahhh it is time to say icon_biggrin.png I wish I wrote this icon_biggrin.pngicon_wink.gif

Thank you so much for this poem. It's so refreshing and lovely. It's one of your best.

I am pleased to read this.

Take care m.k.

ALeksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

Oh, Alekk, you make me happy when you say you wish you wrote this one.:) Thank you for your close read, astute observations, and sweet words. I'm pleased that this was to your liking.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Aleksandra
tonyv wrote:

I'm pleased that this was to your liking.

Ah Tony don't be like this. You sound so shy now :). Of course this one I love and you know that.

Really I enjoy in this wonderful poem. I already told you, it's one of your best

Take care h

Aleksandra

History of Macedonia

I can sense that melancholy again, expressed so elegantly in this brief piece.

"Words are not things, and yet they are not non-things either." - Ann Lauterbach

tonyv wrote:

I'm pleased that this was to your liking.

Ah Tony don't be like this. You sound so shy now :) . Of course this one I love and you know that.

Really I enjoy in this wonderful poem. I already told you, it's one of your best

Take care h

Aleksandra

Thank you Alek. I admit I'm shy. icon_redface.gif Your words mean a lot to me.

Tony icon_smile.gif

rumisong wrote:

Newfound love for this poem having heard it read (by Tony himself) in the new audio section of the forum...

dr_con wrote:

Clear, beautiful, and well written. Quite enjoyed!

DC

Thank you both for your lovely replies. I was going to send each of you a thank you pm so as to not bump last year's model to the top again, but it seemed like the perfect opportunity to try out the multi-quote button in action. icon_lol.gif

Rumi, I'm glad you liked the audio. I'm planning to add links leading to the texts of those poems of mine which I added to the audio archive.

Again, thank you both very much!

Tony

Tony I have stopped by this one several times and each time I wanted to write something I was interupted or somehow distracted... Then I saw it was now in the audio section which I LOVE... You and Aleks have outdone yourselves there...I had read your poem outloud but never could I read it like you... Wow, these lines just hung in the air.. long after it was over....

TonyV wrote:

Haunting imagery, ~~ Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

Thank you, Tinker! icon_biggrin.png And I'm glad you like the audio section. If you're taking requests, I have a daring one: I would like to hear SOLITAIRE recited in the author's own voice. It's a particular favorite of mine. icon_smile.gif

Tony

LOL, Tony I wouldn't have a clue how to set up an audio.. I don't have a mic for one.. at least I don't think I do... See how much I know about the tech side of this new fangled machine we call the computer. I didn't grow up with computers like many of you all. You might call me technically challenged.

I am so old, when I opened my insurance agency, computers were things you saw in sci fi movies. We did all quotes by hand and kept paper records. But I loved when we got the new invention the micofische. icon_biggrin.png

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

Aleksandra

Tony definitely I enjoy the reading of Mongolia. I loved more and more. The poem sounds much better when I'm listening.

Congrats for the nice job.

Tinker, never is too late to try. You are doing wonderful job with the other topics, making the tables and all other things, so I am sure you will be wonderful by doing this too. Just give a try icon_wink.gif

Alek

History of Macedonia

Interesting. What do they call this style.....when you consider what someone else has obviously lived, while not being too presumptious ?....I loved it !

Interesting. What do they call this style.....when you consider what someone else has obviously lived, while not being too presumptious ?....I loved it !

I'm not sure, Pawnshop, but I like your read and reaction! Thank you!

Tony icon_smile.gif