Here, I've planted my feet
firmly upon the earth
and offered my heart
to the universe.
        ~~Judi Van Gorder

Notes:

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

Nice Judy! Which mountain? Tamalpais is closer than an hour, Sebastopol  (at least pre-google) was about 1.5. I think you did the map prompt remarkably well and it might just have inspired tomorrows poem.

Many Thanks! And I'll break out today's poem from the rolling topic like they're doing at Tangled Branch since this seems clearer at least for me;-)

Juris

Haha Juris, I'm on top of the ridge of the coastal mountains, just inland from Bodega Bay, west of Occidental. I can see the ocean through a dip in the trees. My home is surrounded by redwoods, and at night I can see the lights of Santa Rosa to the east.   10 minutes west and I can put my feet in the surf.  

I haven't been to Tangled Branch, I didn't realize they too are offering prompts.  I am getting my prompts from Dew Drop Inn at Writing.com.  I actually wasn't going to commit this year because I have been overwhelmed lately but I am coming out of it.  And then I saw Tony's pinned forum honoring the month and how could I not participate?  It made me think of Frank Gibbard and his commitment to the month, so I'm dedicating my attempts to his memory.  However the first prompt at WDC had me stumped and I struggled with it all day and finished my poem just minutes before midnight.   

So here we go.  I'm glad you are on board again, I felt like I abandoned you last year when I flaked.   I'm super stoked that tonyv is going for it.  Jake produces something everyday anyway I think.  It isn't too late for anyone else to join the effort.   I'm inspired and encouraged by those who give this a try.   They don't have to be perfect, we can always go back and tinker to improve later.  

~~Judi 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, dr_con said:

Ok my brother lives in Villa Grande??? 😉

On the Russian River about 20 minute drive north of me, heavily forested with lots of valleys and climbs, a hamlet with a small church and houses tucked away in the woods.  Follow the river from there and you will end up in Jenner where the river flows into the sea.  Very cool place about 15 minute drive from Villa Grande. And an awesome Restaurant, River's End.