Registration -- to join PMO ***UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS*** Read more... ×
Poetry Magnum Opus
badger11

For those that shared poetry and time with Frank

tonyv

Badge, thank you for this. I'll move to Member Poetry and pin it.

David W. Parsley

The link does not work for me. What has happened?

- Dave

badger11

I can no longer access that site either David.

Tinker

Link didn't work for me either.... Is Frank OK?

~~Tink

badger11

I'm afraid the post said he had passed away.

Tinker

Thanks Badge, Tony sent me a message earlier today. I am so sorry to hear this. I tried to contact him in December both by PM and email and got no response. I was concerned that I hadn't seen him around at his usual haunts and I knew he had had some health problems. Funny how you can feel the loss of someone you have never met. As I wrote to Tony earlier, I would like to do some kind of memorial for him here. Maybe set up a Forum to members who have passed. He was so very important to this forum and especially Poetry Connection. His tenacity and loyalty helped us survive the bot war and helped bring us here to this site. And I loved his humorous and informative poems. I will miss him.

~~Tink

dcmarti1

When I moved from DC to TX he gave me a gift of a drawing that he did. I am sad to hear of his passing.

David W. Parsley

I paused to look into the forum, while vacationing in Europe. And found this further explanation of things. This is a distressing loss. I shall miss Frank's timely entries and commentary, his voice of hospitality welcoming new folks (like me, in 2011) to PMO. My sympathy to friends and family, particularly those here at PMO.

- Dave

Benjamin

So sad to hear of Franks passing. He welcomed me at PC and also when I first started posting here. My sympathy goes out to his family and friends. His humour, poems and comments acted as a catalyst to bring people together informally. Geoff.

dr_con

He will be missed. Always appreciated his poetic sensibilities, his tenacity and his deep sense of humour. Yes, in some ways poets give you a truly deep sense of themselves, in ways that will make his passing despite having never met, a depth for me, deeper than other losses.

Juris