• Announcements

• tonyv

Registration -- to join PMO   03/14/2017

Automatic registration has been disabled. If you would like to join the Poetry Magnum Opus online community, use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this page.
    • tonyv

IMPORTANT: re Logging In to PMO ***Attention Members***   03/15/2017

For security purposes, please use your email address when logging in to the site. This will prevent your account from being locked when malicious users try to log in to your account using your publicly visible display name. If you are unable to log in, use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page.
Tinker

Tea and Grace

6 posts in this topic

Frank's Grandad's Melodeon reminded me of this poem, one of my early poems.

Tea and Grace

Tea and lemon drops,

eyes blue as the summer sky,

scent of lavender,

Cornish pasties and her famous pot pie,

fairy tales and bible stories

jumbled with family yarns,

fantasy and truth all told

while she held us in loving arms.

God's blessings in this small woman

we all called Mom,

she'll greet us at the gate

when our journey here is done.

---Judi Van Gorder

( in memory of my paternal grandmother Elizabeth Grace (Mom) BartleTruscott 1891-1993)

so beautiful tink, i absolutely love it. i wrote a poem about my great grandmothers. i love them dearly and i miss them. they taught me in life not to worry about anything. just eat drink and be merry, not judging others, forgiving them and loving others unconditionally.

vic

Some lovely warm thoughts here which are well placed to help offset the seasonal lull. It's a good time for reflection. Benjamin.

What a lovely and warm poem, Tink. I enjoyed it a lot.

Aleksandra

Oh, grandmothers can be the best. And your piece tells us why, I feel the safety and love in her arms, as clearly as in your words and it is obvious you do, too.

My childhood was tumultuous, at best, and my grandmother was the one constant in my life. I lost her just before my 50th b'day and felt so lucky to have had her so long in my life, though I still miss her, terribly. But this brought back good memories.

Nice job, Tink.