Poetry Magnum Opus

'April is the cruellest month'

badger11

Frank E Gibbard

This is neat badge encapsulating a lot in the couplet. Alliteration abounds in the brevity, neatly done.

Well presented, thoughtful and topical. The downside of early spring dry weather has already ravaged UK beauty spots this week..

Edited by Benjamin

Well presented, thoughtful and topical. The downside of early spring dry weather has already ravaged UK beauty spots this week..

thank you Benjamin. Just the 'spots' I was thinking of...

cheers

badge

Frank E Gibbard

I completely missed the fire aspect commenting badge, thought it was a metaphorical burning imagery for woodland. My ignorance of things countrty, mine is an urban jungle. Now I've got it, this packs more punch in the poem's 2 lines, bravo, kudos plus. Frank

Edited by Frank E Gibbard

Pleased you enjoyed the sonics Tink. I visited an arboretum recently and some of the trees reminded me of your writings - of course there are trees that benefit from a forest fire!

Thanks again Frank you urban degenerate! Remember your monkey origins!

badge

Amber embers tremble awake to auburn flame:

autumn has come to the bluebell wood.

Hello Badger

I found myself tripping, as in tongue tie, over the words "Amber embers tremble",

The second syllable of Amber, "ber"

The second syllable of ember, "ber",

Autumn embers tremble sound good, but as "Autumn" is in the last line, it cannot be repeated.

It's beautiful to read, expecially the last line...

Best wishes

Rea

I found myself tripping, as in tongue tie, over the words "Amber embers tremble",

The second syllable of Amber, "ber"

The second syllable of ember, "ber",

Autumn embers tremble sound good, but as "Autumn" is in the last line, it cannot be repeated.

I didn't stumble, but might "amber" easily be changed to "autumn" if "autumn" in the second line is changed to "fall"?

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Thank you Rea and Tony. Of course, the close placing of such sound tricks can trip the tongue and appear less than subtle. I appreciate the suggestions, though 'fall' is an American word and not natural to me. There was an intention of transition of colour from amber to auburn to reflect the growing intensity of heat. One to ponder on!

cheers

badge