Seeing me they fly off

murder interrupted

I survived

but they count

better than

m

e.

Larsen M. Callirhoe

doctor con thiis is wonderfully put. the format enticed me aswell. the title you chose for this works perfect methinks

victor

Larsen M. Callirhoe

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason (probably because it was at the front of my mind) this reminds me of a friend of mine who had to give up her job teaching. Medical experts and social security people argued between themselves that it was M.E. at the time, but several years down the line it's turned out to be M.N.D.( Motor neurone disease, and terminal.) Strange what we can read into lines that are probably so far removed from such things. Benjamin

David W. Parsley

I am responding too early in my musing on this poem, perhaps. I just did not want to let this original construction pass uncommented. Something ineffable, echoing, slate grey and lethal just walked over my grave. Interesting way to exit a hiatus, Doc.

- Dave

Tony, Benjamin, David- Many thanks for your comments- I'm slowly re-entering the world have had some big traumas as of late and trying to get my feet under me again- Greatly appreciate the feedback- and Benjamin yes something have enough gravity that they over power or re-write everything;-)

DC&J

Hi DC,

The way your poem narrows down to m e in an almost petering-out effect juxtaposes effectively with the magnificent if foreboding images of nature and the edifice of the church. A pervading sense of the place of man in the larger universe.

I enjoyed this contemplative piece.

Thank you.

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.