Lady Flora--

lovely as we call

moving--

as if wheeled, gliding

stirred--

flies away

my timid fay

Edited by worm

Thanks badge for appreciation. I’ve added one more line a befriending creature to S2, which tells of the most important virtues of Lady Flora ( I failed to find a better place or expression for this in the first input )

I agree with Badge and Dr. Con. This is delightful, Worm! :)

I especially like "bird of mini." I also like "a befriending creature"; I'm glad you added that in.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Warm, wonderful and whimsical worm... Agree with badge and the beauty of the Ladybug- just a sweet write..

DC&J

thanks dr_con! but I would call her ladybird, the same meaning as ladybug though.

I agree with Badge and Dr. Con. This is delightful, Worm! :)

I especially like "bird of mini." I also like "a befriending creature"; I'm glad you added that in.

Tony

I like your short but sweet comment Tony. thanks for it.

Light and sweet. I like the sound of the beginning two lines, but semantically I struggle with line two.

Smaller than a pea -- the comparison with a pea gives the reader a picture that this creature is even smaller than a pea.

quieter than a bee -- the comparison with a bee puzzles me a bit. Usually, bee is noisy. Does it imply that it also makes noise but not as loud as a bee? But the word "noiselessly" at the beginning of the second stanza doesn't support this interpretation.

This poem is light as a breeze.

Lake

Edited by Lake

Light and sweet. I like the sound of the beginning two lines, but semantically I struggle with line two.

Smaller than a pea -- the comparison with a pea gives the reader a picture that this creature is even smaller than a pea.

normally we don't do such a comparison, but with your fogs, I read some relevant material that backs my line. it says, in general, a ladybird is half size of a pea.

quieter than a bee -- the comparison with a bee puzzles me a bit. Usually, bee is noisy. Does it imply that it also makes noise but not as loud as a bee? But the word "noiselessly" at the beginning of the second stanza doesn't support this interpretation.

sure you can read the hidden meaning for a less noisy ladybird. but who knows she doesn't make any noise when she gorges herself on aphids? I can even bodly assert that she screams, just imperceptible to our unaided ears.

This poem is light as a breeze.

I'm glad it carries something lighter to you.

Lake

Thanks for your peruse Lake.

Edited by worm