covered with vines

connecting San

Francisco row

houses

echoing with voices of farmers immigrants first-time-

owners students poets drunks mechanics romantic-

languages indigenous and nomadic histories- All

spinning through joy sorrow misunderstanding

his simple song of Come home come home now.

I love how you captured the moment (like a snapshot) in this just-right piece, Juris. Enjoyed the cityscape. I felt like I was apart of it.

Tony

PS -- Happy Birthday! (I don't say belated, because a birthday celebration should go on for at least a couple of days thereafter.) :)

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

The structure is like the reversal of your other poem "Stars". Great imamges in the first two stanzas as contrasted by the abstract in stanza three.

I have a feel that the speaker's thoughts are roaming as expressed in the line "I am not myself after sitting".

There are some peculia expressions (in a good sense) that can not be fathomed in a normal way - His caws overflow self, Greater than this morning - to mention a few.

Enjoyed,

Lake

Edited by Lake

goldenlangur

Hi DC,

Another treat after Aleksandra's poem! Here is another poem which juxtaposes images and associations and lets the reader in to make of these what they can.

The archetypal symbolism of the crow and omens sets the tone of this piece. I love the echoing rhyme here:

San

Francisco row

The crow's caw melds with the sound of the multitudes of farmers immigrants first time owners students poets

Your closing lines give an intimate tone to the crow's message.

I am quite intrigued by the crow, omen and its caw as we too have such symbolism in our popular myths surrounding the raven as a harbinger of messages and our King has the raven crown.

Thank you.

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

Many Thanks All- I have started a new project of interwoven pieces- we'' see how it fares- but I have great gratitude for your generous reflections and comments! GL I would love to be pointed to more background of you cultural mythology- I was humming with the Norse and Odin but would love to see a bit about yours! Many Thanks All!

DC&J