eclectic fusions

of sights and sounds and scents

and every

living thing

cries out

to be heard

Edited by Benjamin

Hello DC&J

Thanks for spotting my omission of the s in “putsch”. Noun. A plotted revolt or attempt to overthrow a government, especially one that depends upon suddenness and speed. Obviously used as metaphor here.

Pastoral themes aren't usually my thing: they've been too well done and by better poets than I. It would be churlish of me though, to pretend that carpets of blue hyacinths and yellow daffodils don't exist; or that the birds aren't chirrupping away, and that we've altered our clocks forward an hour to British Summer Time. Benjamin.

I don't see this as pastoral in the traditional sense. The "blanket and nosebag" and other imagery make me think this is being told from the point of view of an animal standing before his executioner at morning slaughter. It's as if these are the last things he sees and hears passing through his sentient being. I loved it, Benjamin.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Tony.

Thanks for yout take on this.The endless thoughts and imagery generated by each seasons change are amazing. I tried to leave this one fairly open, although it does have a certain harshness about it-- but so does life.

G, I am so happy to be reading your work, again, it always leaves me with a 'feeling' or more.

No exception here. Living for spring, myself.

"and every

living thing

cries out

to be heard"

And that would include the poets, yes? Lovely, as usual, Geoff. Thanks for sharing.

t

goldenlangur

Hi Benjamin,

Some great images, haunting and imaginative:

blood corkscrews through

a putsch of veins

anvil

of a spring morning

How evocative of the sounds of nature and man awakening in spring!:

and every

living thing

cries out

to be heard

I enjoyed this very much.

Thank you.

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

rosschandler

this is very raw. i like it's macbre feel. is it decripit is an awesome image. very succinct and not too prosey. poetry should be more structured and arranged then just sentences chopped into lines that read like some one was talking. this poem illustrates what i like about how each word is weighty and carries its own image.