Poetry Magnum Opus

Mad Signs

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Hi,

For a bit of fun, have you in your daily commute or travels around the globe come across some mad signs that made you pucker your brows and scratch your head in some bewilderment and then laugh out aloud? Do share your sightings of mad signs here on this thread. :D

To start this off here's one:

Hotel catering to skiers, Austria :

NOT TO PERAMBULATE THE CORRIDORS IN THE HOURS OF REPOSE IN THE BOOTS OF ASCENSION.

Edited by goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

Pretty funny, Goldenlangur. :)) Something like that was probably generated by a computerized translator.:D

What gets me are the professionally made commercial signs containing errors on stores and vehicles. Let's see ... What have I seen lately?

"Distributors for Electrical Supplies" (on a building, after the name of the company)

and

"Refridgeration license #" (on a truck)

You'd think the printers and sign makers would say something, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't. They're probably tired of hearing, "No, what I said is right!"

I'll keep my eyes open for any zany signs!

Tony :D

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

goldenlangur
Pretty funny, Goldenlangur. :)) Something like that was probably generated by a computerized translator.:D

You may well be right, Tony. :D

A friend of mine who lived and worked in Japan says that the many zany signs in English found there may well be deliberate swipe. ;)

"Distributors for Electrical Supplies" (on a building, after the name of the company)

and

"Refridgeration license #" (on a truck)

Great examples. :)) Particularly love the Refridgeration!

I'll keep my eyes open for any zany signs!

Tony :D

Look forward to some more.

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

goldenlangur

In the lobby of a Moscow hotel across from a Russian Orthodox monastery :

YOU ARE WELCOME TO VISIT THE CEMETERY WHERE FAMOUS RUSSIAN AND SOVIET COMPOSERS, ARTISTS, AND WRITERS ARE BURIED DAILY EXCEPT THURSDAY.

goldenlangur