Is it perhaps that the ballroom

allows for just a few elders that will not

jostle the beginners who have only

recently received late invitations?

Please, let me will dance in their stead

if their faulted brains will allow me

to tap your shoulder, take your bony

hands and sway to our macabre music.

PTSD -- I won't even feign to understand. But I will say that I think the speaker is far from fully recovered. The dancers are absent, and that's a relief, but what remains? Insomnia?

The way the long-term sufferer welcomes the new recruits is also of particular interest. He offers his own experience! Thanks for sharing this, Franklin.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

PTSD -- I won't even feign to understand. But I will say that I think the speaker is far from fully recovered. The dancers are absent, and that's a relief, but what remains? Insomnia?

The way the long-term sufferer welcomes the new recruits is also of particular interest. He offers his own experience! Thanks for sharing this, Franklin.

Tony

Many thanks for your interest in this one, Tv. No doubt, the affliction is different in intensity and details, but affects many more than anyone imagined. I'm one of the lucky. Some are almost completely disabled mentally. How strange that physical trauma to the brain can be caused by purely mental affects.

fdh

Franklin. You highlight well something which represents a high price paid in human terms,by those who serve and have served to preserve our way of life. G.

Franklin. You highlight well something which represents a high price paid in human terms,by those who serve and have served to preserve our way of life. G.

Geoff, I wish it were in our lives that someday we could share a beer--or some hemlock. Thank you for reading and your thoughts.

fdh

You are welcome. I shall drink to your health on this beautiful day with a pint of chilled dry cider. Geoff

You are welcome. I shall drink to your health on this beautiful day with a pint of chilled dry cider. Geoff

Back at you, my friend. Mine (these days) is wine over ice. Oh, for a 10:1 martini.