SUMMER PURSUITS

Crouched in grass kitten

finds swaying caterpillar,

bites, springs – his own tail.

unpublished

© David W. Parsley 2011

Parsley Poetry Collection

Frank E Gibbard

David - a pleasure, hope it does not seem lazy to comment first time on a short one of yours as it is by its nature, form. Suffice to say I have read and appreciated other ones just not got round to commenting. This is a great capture IMO.

Nicely done Dave. A pleasure to follow the imagery which has a playful feel-good factor about it. B.

Perhaps "eyes swaying caterpillar"

Edited by Benjamin

David W. Parsley
Nicely done Dave. A pleasure to follow the imagery which has a playful feel-good factor about it. B.

Perhaps "eyes swaying caterpillar"

Thanks for the compliment and the suggestion, Benjamin. Also considering "tracks swaying caterpillar." Sticking with the "find" for the moment, because I like the moment of discovery being here. I hope to see a few more come through the critique pipeline. Please check again and see where the other folks helped me take this, when you bring your own eyes back in a few weeks. Meantime, be carerful what you bite. :rolleyes:

Best,

Dave

David W. Parsley
David - a pleasure, hope it does not seem lazy to comment first time on a short one of yours as it is by its nature, form. Suffice to say I have read and appreciated other ones just not got round to commenting. This is a great capture IMO.

Hi Frank, I am grateful for the assessment. And glad to hear you like the other works, too. Please feel free to comment as opportunity affords. Like Tinker, I am always open to suggestions to further refine my work.

- Dave