At this moment

all the long years

home and warmth

in the distance past peaks

of those invisible mountains

we label self

blinding us

to this now.

Nicely done DC. "afternoon sunlight/ dimmed in this season/of harvests and thinning/veils" Almost a complete poem in itself. Benjamin

David W. Parsley

What the wind brings to this poem is concrete hard, unrelenting. Nice exercise of selective punctuation and enjambment (usually a trick of rhyme) to pack the poem with double entendres. Another one that rings like truth. Final stanza is penetrating and devastating, an x-ray of the human condition. One of your best, Doc.

- Dave

Hi DC,

The image 'feral glow' of your opening line has a perturbing resonance with 'blinding' in your final lines. Together with 'thinning veils' these evoke a melancholy sense of the person (human being) being isolated and out of tempo with the rhythm of nature. 'seasons of harvest' bring to mind Keat's Ode to Autumn.

A poem to savor.

Thank you.

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

Larsen M. Callirhoe

You wrote with a voice of excellent intelligene here. I hold about 30 ametuer poet friends online now as dear and also one day becoming authors on the 7 poetry forums I am active on combined. My favorite poets are here but six because of the voice of my friends who are poets that talk about modern issues so cleverly. You'll here are ametuer poets that I love. Soon though will be famous.

I like Shakesphere, Charles Dickens, Henery Thoreau, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Richard Lovelace, Anne Rice, Stephen King, Agatha Christie, to name a few writers i adore. I try to follow in Charles Dickens foot steps and than Shakespheres naturally.

DC I love my poetry friends dearly. I believe about a 100 people I met online will be famous after they are long gone.

I'm in the process of making CD's of my voice reciting around 2 dozen of my poems I wrote.

I will also make 2 DVD recitng 2 short stories and 2 prose fomat poems also to send to publishers so I can get my books published.

I am in college now with a 93 percent grade point average in my three classes i am taking so yeah I am stoked.

One of these days I wll understand your very complex writings of poetry. I see great work in a few dozen of my poetry online friends but yours I still marvel at too much. Still I try though.

<smiles> <....>

victor

Larsen M. Callirhoe

David, Golden,and Larsen- Many thanks for your appreciative responses- Your generosity makes me want to write more- Larsen I'm sure the fault is mine;-) Many Thanks DC&J