goldenlangur

waiting -

I rehearse what to say

imagine you smile

but the phone never rings

neither yours nor mine

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

Larsen M. Callirhoe

hello gl/ u manage to put the outside world in a crystal ball waiting alone i believe for a miracle perhaps. i love the opptamism in the poem.

victor

Larsen M. Callirhoe

goldenlangur

Hi victor,

I like your image and idea here very much:

Larsen M. Callirhoe wrote:

... the outside world in a crystal ball waiting alone i believe for a miracle perhaps.

victor

Hope springs eternal and yet... You read well, my friend.

Thank you very much icon_biggrin.png

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

This one's close to home for me, Golden. Always I try to impress upon people that life's too short to not communicate with one another. I like how you show that the falling short is on both parties' ends.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Aleksandra

Wonderful tanka as always goldenlangur icon_smile.gif

This mix of feelings makes some paradox. Because you are waiting and on the end you tell that not any phone rings on both sides. So you are just waiting and not plan to you to ring the phone icon_smile.gif. So that shows the hurtful pride is present, and the longing and expectation for the other to do that what you want and need. Interesting, and ok I agree with Tony the life is too short so one of actors in this poem must be more clever and to DO .

Short poem, tanka but always deep and long.

Thank you for this poem what provokes thinking...

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

You won't step ahead and call the other and he/she won't reach out to the phone and call either and so you both wait and you both hope and you both wait....

Sad and neatly written!

goldenlangur

Thank you Tony, Aleksandra, fader and summayya for your thoughtful and considered reading of this tanka.

My apologies for this late acknowledgment of your reviews as I've been away for the annual family rituals.

But your kindness and encouragement are indeed appreciated.

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Hi gl, I love it! This tanka captures and communicates so much. At first the anticipation, the excitement that comes with preparing for a moment, but the moment doesn't come and finally the insight, wisdom born of the experience. Anyone who reads this will feel this inside their chest and at the end the light will click on. A real gem.

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

goldenlangur

Many thanks Tink for taking some trouble to mull over the allusions in this tanka. Your response is most encouraging and I cannot express how much I appreciate your continued support of my writing support,

With grateful thanks,

goldenlangur

goldenlangur