kids wont get back their toys again

their past resonates with gun--sound

but they don't want that noice again

far from its Hellenic past

europe's turning deutsch * again

"rohit " as this life is so short

why not be mad ? rejoice again

-- rohit jain .

( * ) based on accent deutsch can be pronounced as daw-ich or daw-ish...... here its in close proximity to boys .....

Welcome, Rohit Jain. Terrific submission. I always liked the ghazal but havent given it a try yet myself.

There is that American expression that the only difference between men and boys is the cost of their toys, but this poem leads in a different direction: men becoming boys again ... and not good ones. Especially ominous is L8: europe's turning deutsch * again. I enjoyed it a lot.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Interesting poem, and it's good to read something different, Rohit Jain.

Welcome to the board.

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

Welcome, Rohit Jain. Terrific submission. I always liked the ghazal but havent given it a try yet myself.

There is that American expression that the only difference between men and boys is the cost of their toys, but this poem leads in a different direction: men becoming boys again ... and not good ones. Especially ominous is L8: europe's turning deutsch * again. I enjoyed it a lot.

Tony

thanks tony ..... i have been posting on one other poetry forum (poetsanctuary ) and was not able to find out any other site .... but after i got to know about poetry magnum opus , my view changed . thanks for including me in this group and reading this gazal

Interesting poem, and it's good to read something different, Rohit Jain.

Welcome to the board.

Aleksandra

thanks Aleksandra

• 3 weeks later...

Hi rohit, I love the ghazal but have had very little luck in writing in the form. It is a lot harder than it looks and you seem to have mastered the form. Nice contribution, I like the concept behind the content and it fit the form perfectly. I would love to use your poem as an example in the reference section, may I have permission to do so? Also can I ask, does rohit mean "rejoice"?

Note: For those unfamiliar with the form, simplified: independant complete couplets are strung together connected by a refrain (The last word of each couplet is a repetition of the last word of the two lines of the 1st couplet "again"} and a linking rhyme which precedes the refrain of the 2nd line {"boys", "toys", "noise", "deutsch", "rejoice"} . The last couplet usually includes the writer's name "rohit" which often has a double meaning.

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com