Poetry Magnum Opus

Linking your poems

Tinker

OMG! Ok maybe I am just dense but it took a new member to show me the way! Thank you Jurit. The "topic tags" have purpose!

Many of you do not have an archive page but wouldn't you still like a link to your body of work posted here? Just use the "topic tag". I didn't realize that if I simply put my name in the "topic tag" space below the Topic Title when posting, any other posts with my name in the "topic tags" would be linked. If you want to take the time to go back to your older posts and add a tag you need to go to full editor once the edit page is opened. Use a rainy day and enjoy going back and rereading some of your older work and in the process create this simple link between them.

Note: You can set up as many as 10 "topic tags" for one post. Wow this is a great way of linking just about anything. If we all posted in the "topic tag" a word such as "love", "bomb" "loneliness" or any other word from your poem, then your poem would be linked to all other poems on the forum that also display the same word in the topic tag.

I think we have all been overlooking this useful and fun feature. I would love to see links between poet's work and topics etc. Of course I would probably never get off of this site because I would be following link after link. ~~smile~~ Give it a try.

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

A good example of the usefulness of the topic tag, see Abstect-christ's Canto. "Canto in 4 Parts" appears in the topic tag. If you click on it, you will see all 4 posts and if you haven't already, you could read them in sequence. That is my intent. This could be taken a step further with adding another tag "Abstrect-christ" and if that name tag was added to all poems by Abstrect, by clicking on the name tag we would see all of the poems written by Abstrect. I think this is a great tool and I am in the process of editing all of my kajillion posts tagging my name and various other subjects. I hope you will join me.

~~Tink

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

A good example of the usefulness of the topic tag, see Abstect-christ's Canto. "Canto in 4 Parts" appears in the topic tag. If you click on it, you will see all 4 posts and if you haven't already, you could read them in sequence. That is my intent. This could be taken a step further with adding another tag "Abstrect-christ" and if that name tag was added to all poems by Abstrect, by clicking on the name tag we would see all of the poems written by Abstrect. I think this is a great tool and I am in the process of editing all of my kajillion posts tagging my name and various other subjects. I hope you will join me.

~~Tink

That is cool, Tink. I just clicked on the topic tag in "Canto," and there they are, all four of them! I'm sure we can find lots of use for this feature.

Tony :-8)

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic