when vultures pick

my bones clean

in long gulps

greedily swallowing

my passionate stardust

ochred impermanence

I will still ache for you.

Larsen M. Callirhoe

this resonates with me. i feelyearning, longing,desire to rekindle something not finished in arelationship.well penned.it flowsand the rhyth throughout the read.

victor

Larsen M. Callirhoe

• 2 weeks later...

I very much like that this one is personal, and I get it. But the penultimate line confines the reader to the speaker's bias toward the other person. If "lovingly" was omitted or replaced with something different or more ambiguous, the poem would touch upon an entire gamut of feelings. For example, as I was reading this, I felt sad, angry, frustrated, lonely, all of it until that line brought me back to the speaker's view. In most cases, affection is the last emotion I experience when my mind wanders to the people I miss. But that's probably because going there usually involves backtracking through devastation and destruction, lol.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Hey Tony- Thanks for the input- edited slightly. It's interesting this was a reflection on my last relationship which was going through a major shift (One of many) and I started reflecting on the concept of missing eventually going to the loss of my mother 18 years ago and how just because she's gone doesn't mean I love her any less-

After time I actually do love all my Xs including the 'bad' one's... I have no idea if this is a common human trait or its just me;-) Thanks for the feedback- I actually find this adjusted version to be almost too cruel- But it probably is a better piece;-) Juris

Ultimately, where you're at with it is the best place to be, but the only way we get there is by attaining a certain level of maturity. It's the only way to be at peace. And when we do get to that point, with the passage of time or however we each individually get there, we're probably in the minority.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic