we let all ambitions go

let our wings

make us soar through the blue sky

because tonight is the night

we make love

Larsen M. Callirhoe

goldenlangur

Hello Victor,

A totally different theme in this poem and no less moving. Whereas your other poem had a sense of longing beyond the physical, this verse is laden with an ache for intimacy and love. Underlying this longing is a deep sense of commitment and tenderness and this gives your poem its power:

Larsen M. Callirhoe wrote:

Tonight's the night

do you really love me

this has been in my mind

since the day i met you

you see i really love you

and i really want to be with you

the rest of my life

do you agree

and say i do

because i surely feel like

i am on top of the world

for tonights the night

we let all ambitions go

let our wings

make us soar through the blue sky

because tonight is the night

we make love

A sense that this intimacy and sensual pleasure symbolize a link, precious and lasting beyond the ecstasy of the moment.

It's so good to see you in such good poetic form icon_biggrin.png

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

Larsen M. Callirhoe

goldenlangur wrote:

Hello Victor,

A totally different theme in this poem and no less moving. Whereas your other poem had a sense of longing beyond the physical, this verse is laden with an ache for intimacy and love. Underlying this longing is a deep sense of commitment and tenderness and this gives your poem its power:

A sense that this intimacy and sensual pleasure symbolize a link, precious and lasting beyond the ecstasy of the moment.

It's so good to see you in such good poetic form
icon_biggrin.png

goldenlangur

thank you so much for that comment gl. Goldenlangur wrote: - "it's good to see you in such good poetic form" - this remark made my day. it took me less then fives minutes to write this. it was so natural and it flowed out of me like an out pouring of hard fast rain storm.

vic

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Frank E Gibbard

Larse - I don't know why your tonight's the night reminded me or at least it popped into my head "because the night belongs to lovers" you know the song, it chimed with me anyway, just those lines and I don't imply they are the same, but your own I know as poured out. In fact this looks and has a sound of a song and might make one and a good one at that. All the best - Frank

Larsen M. Callirhoe
Larse - I don't know why your tonight's the night reminded me or at least it popped into my head "because the night belongs to lovers" you know the song, it chimed with me anyway, just those lines and I don't imply they are the same, but your own I know as poured out. In fact this looks and has a sound of a song and might make one and a good one at that. All the best - Frank

i know two songs that are called tonight's the th night one by rod steward which i love and one by the rock group daughtry (bs) i like this song and both those songs inspired me to write this poem. i know the words are different but if i published this one as a song with a few touch ups i think i would owe roality fees to both groups i hink. thanks for reading frank. all the best to you to larse ps being borderline diabettic sucks. instead of eatting a few chocholate chip cookies it was popcorn instead this weekend. i love popcorn but i adore chochalate chip cookies lol

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Aleksandra

Victor i agree with GL. I'm glad to see you with your poetical and romantic voice my friend. I know this kind of writing by you

I loved this one.

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

I agree with Frank this came out like a song Vic. Glad to see you in such a wonderful poetic flow. icon_biggrin.png

I wish I could write some poetry too icon_sad.gif

Keep writing and sharing my friend. icon_smile.gif

Frank E Gibbard

i know two songs that are called tonight's the th night one by rod steward which i love and one by the rock group daughtry (bs) i like this song and both those songs inspired me to write this poem. i know the words are different but if i published this one as a song with a few touch ups i think i would owe roality fees to both groups i hink. thanks for reading frank. all the best to you to larse ps being borderline diabettic sucks. instead of eatting a few chocholate chip cookies it was popcorn instead this weekend. i love popcorn but i adore chochalate chip cookies lol

Hello again Larse,- the song I was thinking of this by Patti Smith "Because the Night"

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uoGdx3I3dPE

Larsen M. Callirhoe

hi frank i love that song. i haven't heard it in ages lol. thanks for the you tube. i will be listening to it. thanks again amegio.\\

\\

larse aka vic

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Lyrical verse is my favorite, Victor, and this is very lyrical.

i wanna know

do you really love me

this has been in my mind

since the day i met you

The poem is honest and straightforward. It takes courage to reveal one's innermost feelings, and verse is the appropriate vehicle to do just that.

Tony icon_smile.gif

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic