of what

you

want

to believe.

I am

virtual.

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

Hi Golden,

I had to Wiki TESSERAE. Initially, I thought it was a first name. icon_biggrin.png

Now that I understand that tesserae is one of the components of a mosaic, this intriguing, compact poem becomes a blend of ancient art and high technology. For me, the pieces of the mosaic begin to resemble the components of a FRACTAL, especially in the poem's conclusion:

I am

virtual.

The particles which make up the universe remain constant through space and time ... and I like when something is whatever I want it to be! icon_biggrin.png

Tony icon_smile.gif

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Larsen M. Callirhoe

hi goldenlangur,

i have to thank tony for defining that word that he did. i thought it was an artform but i was close. i love mosiac art. i used to collect art until i moved into the nursing home two years ago. i love virtual art but virtual art in my opinion is easier to do then mosiac art. you blended the two. i would love to see some of this art form. if you now of any links please post them. if not don't sweat it. its no big deal. as for the poem it flowed very well. each line was complemented perfectly by the tone of each following line. this is definetly a first class poem. and plus i learned something new about art. i am not good at painting or drawing but then again i am red blue gree partially color blind. my favorite artist is van gogh.i love the starry night painting and the german starry night painted by him. he knew how to capture the nightime stars in a spirtual way combining it like it was the wind.

excellent read my friend.

vic

Larsen M. Callirhoe

goldenlangur

Hi Tony,

Always a pleasure to see where a piece takes your wonderful imagination! Not a bad idea for a name and I love your associations of FRACTAL.

Brought a huge grin this!:

tonyv wrote:

I like when something is whatever I want it to be!
icon_biggrin.png

Tony
icon_smile.gif

I appreciate your taking the trouble to Wiki and post a fantastic response. Makes my having fun all the greater icon_biggrin.png

Thank you so much.

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

goldenlangur

Hi Victor,

You were indeed right - it has got images of mosaic. What a happy coincidence that you enjoy mosaics!

I'm very grateful that you found this short piece flows well for you. "virtual art" is quite fascinating.

I must confess that I do not know any mosaic art sites - but all of the Byzantium world, the Roman and certainly Turkey and Iran etc have fabulous mosaics. The very stuff of dreams! The one modern mosaic artist I have read about is GAUDI - organic, tactile and full of imagination! Will this do for some information?

As for Van Gogh - what can one possibly say about his genius? I too love the manic intensity of his night sky.

Thank you very much Victor for this engaging response.

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Aleksandra

Goldenlangur, again, wonderful poem icon_smile.gif. Can you write some bad poem ? icon_biggrin.png

Ok if I go deeper in this poem I am trying to imagine how would be look that Tesserae of what you / me read, hear, see. icon_biggrin.png and then again wonderful art it's coming by some of this - reality and a little of that of someone wants to believe.... Yes then something / somebody becoming virtually - virtual ...

A mosaic

of imagining -

some of this, a little of that

of what

you

want

to believe.

Ah GL, here you presented wonderful special arts.

Thank you so much for sharing this art poem. The soul is real art what if we close our eyes , we can see it hanging on the walls. icon_smile.gif

Thanks again

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

goldenlangur

Hi Aleksandra,

Yes to your question - I write terrible pieces which seem appealing but have no coherence or soul and fester around.

You've got the crux here:

aleksandra wrote:

Ok if I go deeper in this poem I am trying to imagine how would be look that
Tesserae
of what
you / me
read, hear, see
icon_biggrin.png
and then again wonderful art it's coming by some of this - reality and a little of that of someone wants to believe.... Yes then something / somebody becoming
virtually - virtual

Aleksandra

I suppose the only difference being that mosaic is wonderfully real whereas the virtual impressions one gathers may be just that.

Thank you for a thoughtful read and a wonderful response icon_smile.gif

goldenlangur

goldenlangur