Poetry Magnum Opus

The sound of a poem

badger11

Gatekeeper

Very interesting variations. Thanks for posting this.

It brings to mind a point of annoyance for me.

I occasionally attend friendly readings with "nobody poets" just like me. While I try to read my work as I heard it in my head as I was writing it, I have to wonder about others who seem inept at expressing themselves in their own words. "Blank Voice" I like to call it. As though reading text from a book to themselves for content, and sometimes as quickly as they can. I have to wonder if they don't hear themselves. And then the trailing-off of the last line - even from some more accomplished writers - so you miss the last few words.

I have had no experience in theater and no voice training, but at least I learned something in high school speech class. I suppose it isn't much taught anymore. Besides, it's all bout texting these days, no? AAAAARGHHHHHH!

Okay - off my little soap box now . . . sorry, badger . . .

from the black desert

• 2 months later...

... I have had no experience in theater and no voice training, but at least I learned something in high school speech class. I suppose it isn't much taught anymore. Besides, it's all bout texting these days, no? ...

I heard from my sister, a school teacher with elementary school aged children of her own, that they don't even teach cursive writing in public schools anymore. :huh:

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic