who felt they were

but are self-doubters.

Awakened

by my own importance,

I rise

to stop this

thought from leaving

as if a queue.

"Words are not things, and yet they are not non-things either." - Ann Lauterbach

goldenlangur

Hello JoelJosol,

Defintely a new style in your recent poems and this one is one of the best you've posted. Love the way you weave thoughts effortlessly from one line to another to that brilliant final line.

The central image of "thought" emerging from the air-conditioner and floating about is wonderfully surreal.

Thank you for a great read.

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

Aleksandra

I agree with GL Joel about this new style. It sound wonderful, I am glad for that my friend. I like in here the way that you managed the poem on the way like it is. each expression has the right line in the structure of this poem.

I had some problems with the word queue because is unknown for me, and when I checked gave me here different meanings, what is possible in this poem to have each of the meanings - makes sense. But I think I got it on the end.

Also a wise poem.

Well done Joel, much enjoyed

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

I'm glad both of you like the poem, GL and Aleks.

Actually my hospital visits inspired the poem, waiting on queues, makes you either sleepy or reflective :-)

"Words are not things, and yet they are not non-things either." - Ann Lauterbach

I revised this poem by changing 'important people' to 'consequential people', and then playing on the etymology of the word 'consequential'.

The last line instead of 'catch this thought' I changed it to 'stop this' and drop 'thought' to the next line to defer the complete meaning of the line.