troll to hide by stone jars on the floor

that perhaps

had even held mead

till tired of games he opened her diary to find

a world of love and gypsy guitars with wild white

horses splashing through

salt marsh and

pink flamingo days of the camargue

Beautiful Benjamin. Lovely romantic vision and indeed a very 'lost world' piece in multile ways. A real treat!

Juris

pink flamingo days of the camargue

Oooooh! I love that line. And the whole image, too.....but THAT line! :)

enjoyed the unusual 'col' and being led into the secrets (though perhaps the diary was a fantasy left for the curious :smile: )

badge

A great write, like entering the culture and mystique of the past still existing in relics. It's a good feeling to find magic in our attics, literally and figuratively. Enjoyed a lot. I'll have some mead, please. Stop making me think so much. ;)

Dark, deep and gloomy are the (unbombed) ancient homes and hovels of Britain in which the strangest things can still be discovered and where young people, not unlike us, drifted away into airy dreams and silly fancies.

Drown your sorrows in drink, by all means, but the real sorrows can swim

David W. Parsley

Lovely. Prompts an irresistible query: a suppressed girl's series of fancies; or, the same girl who realized them all over a few flaming weeks that defined a lifetime.

Thanks Geoff,

- Dave

Thanks to all for the comments. Age and mien prompts random memories that float up like bubbles from different decades; they pop... and seek cohesion or some kind of meaning. Old book titles, Manitas de Plata, a telescope, binoculars, world war two medals.. a friend's house clearance sale. B.

Hi, Geoff! After many reads of your piece and the comments of others, I now see this a dreamy, romantic work and it falls into place, for me, finally. Quite lovely, really.

Did you buy any of the treasures up for sale by your friend?

t

Thanks Tammi. The only thing I wanted was a wonderful portrait of herself, sat with a much loved lurcher. It went to someone else, who kindly photographed it and emailed the picture to me. I've since edited and framed it. The attic that I recall, was so full... it's a wonder the ceiling didn't sag. :smile: G.