The Beloved awaits

the last place you thought

to look

All around absolute

ecstasy

Exhale

this long moment

of eternal embrace.

Timeless, yet contemporary. A familiar separation of generations and a coming together of cultures. Enjoyed, like running through a sprinkler--through the ages. I fear for my granddaughter in college and have to remind myself that she has her own life. Thank you, Doctor Juris prudence.

Juris, I so enjoyed this! S3 is as surely a photograph, as crisp and clear as those printed on Kodak paper, for the enjoyment of the reader. Thanks for sharing this one.

t

Thanks MQ, Franklin! Franklin, I enjoyed your humanized take;-) And BTW the name is Latvian not Latin so the J is silent;-) My mnemonic for people who are trying to remember my name.. Tim Leary, pointed out to y Ex (Justine) when she was buying me one of his books:That our names meant Justice from 2 different perspectives - French & Latin. No wonder we fought like possessed Kittens & puppies....

;-)

Con/Jur/D

All around absolute

ecstasy

If we just took the time.....And I like the line "And yet the finches flit". Yes, for the alliteration, BUT also because it is so open: are they flitting oblivious to, in spite of, or in conjunction with all these? Nice piece.

Juris, no doubt you have read Jaroslav Hasek's "The Good Soldier Svejk." A true classic of WWI that is fitting for all ages. Should be required reading for anyone considering a military career. Sorry, I was trying a pun with your name; puns are never a good idea. Was that Timothy Leary of LSD fame?

Puns are always a good idea! ;-) Yes the infamous Timothy Leary or Saint Tim...

And I haven't read "The Good Soldier Svejk." but I'm going to- Thanks for the lead....

Juris

A pleasure to read. It left me with a spiritual sense.. a celebration of life perhaps .. appreciation.. of those simple things that we take for granted (even the not so nice ones). And all too often we don't see the wood for the trees. G. :smile:

Haven't quite decided what to make of this, on the whole, but that's okay.

I like it a bunch.

I wrote a poem about "the flit" once upon a time, though it was sunflowers, as I recall.

I wonder if I could find it - I am so totally disorganized . . .

from the black desert

Thanks Ben & Gate! Much gratified about your comments and Gate see if ou can find it, Flit sounds marvelous! ;-)

Con/Jur/D

David W. Parsley

Haven't quite decided what to make of this, on the whole, but that's okay.

I like it a bunch.

I wrote a poem about "the flit" once upon a time, though it was sunflowers, as I recall.

I wonder if I could find it - I am so totally disorganized . . .

I, too, am left with a sense of concrete meaning lying beneath the rills and cascades of language and image in this poem. But that is typical of your work, Doc, and I gladly pay the perplexed price of admission to ride the falls!

I find particular interest in pondering that

climate of clouds against

our buttress between vacuum

and this long held breath

It plays the personal against the cosmic, acknowledging accident of our life-sustaining and culture-continuing atmosphere here on our modest rocky planet. Why here, when Mars and others were not able to hold such breath for so long? The scientist in me is thrilled!

SIDE NOTE: Empathy on that 'disorganized' thing, GK. Toward the end of my first poetry phase, I wrote an extremely ambitious pastoral elegy for the child peace activist, Samantha Smith. Over the years, only a couple fragments of this monumental effort have been preserved. Sigh.

Thanks Once Again, Doc!

- Dave

No thank you Dave! I'm very gratified to have your reactions and engagement with my work- and yes the scientist in me is flattered by recognition!

Many Thanks,

Con/Jur/D