stone floor of a second

hand clothing store

to a mythic crafter

of bad sleep

you need

to know!

Or how can we ever calculate anything

at all?

Know your dwarf.....Oh, man, this is going to make me do some research. Do love the ending: can we calculate anything at all.

There is a great insistency here, but not desperation.

Thanks for the read! Good luck with finding this version of the Dwarf ;-) My Zen teacher has told a dirtier version of this in the past, and I have repurposed it for my own nefarious ends ;-)

Juris

This one set me off at a tangent: In business there are two columns: profit and loss which are fuddled by semantics, but only the net profit matters. In life's relationships similarly, two columns: "give and take". Although the semantics there are usually self-delusion and lies; for we all lie, to each other and ourselves in variable degrees. And fathoming human nature, how would it cope with a world of absolute truth.

Thanks G! Not a tangent@all rather a thematic deconstruction which I'm very impressed by. Many thanks for engaging!

Juris

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Juris, for making me think!

1. ... Do you know

what is True and

what be False?

2. ... most never know what

they want rather they know what

they are told that they want ...

3. ... Or how can we ever calculate anything

at all?

1. I used to think I knew.

2. I think for many people this is true. Not true for me.

3. I ask myself some version of this all the time.

This one set me off at a tangent: In business there are two columns: profit and loss which are fuddled by semantics, but only the net profit matters. In life's relationships similarly, two columns: "give and take". Although the semantics there are usually self-delusion and lies; for we all lie, to each other and ourselves in variable degrees. And fathoming human nature, how would it cope with a world of absolute truth.

Incredible insight, Geoff. I seem to suffer fom the self-delusion part. I just don't get that they lie, because I don't understand why they would lie (as much as they do anyway). I think they think they're slick (when they're really just greasy).

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Thank you Tony! A very insightful look @ the piece. Greatly appreciate the time and add Alexis verified you enjoyed.

Juris

• 2 weeks later...
David W. Parsley

Hey, Doc, I am starting to think many of your poems could be categorized as some type of Turing test. I'd like to see what Watson, for all "his" Jeopadry prowess, would make of this poem, for instance. Hopefully, it would not result in some attempt at incarnation coupled with an assignation with Sandman (Sandwoman?) at a second hand store arranged through Match.com...

- Dave

Thank you David! In the Rinzai tradition, of the Zen monks they thought highly of... they Would call them as dumb as a mule with stolen words etc. Thought I'd modernize the concept :-) the makers of bad dreams is one, I believe Norwegian, activity attributed to dwarves. The makers of nightmares. In which case some of my exes would fall in that category: boom chicka!

Larsen M. Callirhoe

I see some mysticism type wisdom in this piece after reading wonderful Tony's remarks to said piece that I didn't notice or catch glancing at your piece first time around and I as I read it a third time - I see the Zen wisdom at the end f the piece after looking at Ben's remarks casual. What a masterfully scripted poetry write. Really enjoyed the read... Thank you for sharing....

victor

Larsen M. Callirhoe

• 2 weeks later...