or subside.

Tomorrow, all live things

will have changed

into new wonders.

Must agree:

Traveling past these growing
creatures makes me feel
like an intruder.

I also feel "not a part of it all" sometimes. Reflective, but not sad. Ah! Sobering.....

My only question is this: To which does the "or not" apply? The admire/turn, or the beauty?

No matter. I admire
or turn away from sights
of beauty or not.

Marti, you go right to my dubious claims.

No matter.

I admire

or turn away from sights

of beauty or not.

Some thoughts cannot be adequately communicated. When I walk my country road of millions of species of plants, I wonder why some are beautiful and others repulsive to me, only me. Others may find them equally ignorable, which I suspect most do. Clear as mud, huh? Thanks for considering and responding. To me, this communication is what gives life-blood to Opus and we, its members. If only I knew what the fuck I'm talking about. lol

Simplicity is the key word and beauty as always is in the eye of the beholder. Living close enough to nature and having the time and space to appreciate its wonders is one of the boons of later life. I spend much time in a large country park where even today, the quick grey squirrels forage for nuts oblivious of my presence. There's a plethora of non-migratory birds for company.. and with a pocket book I can identify a wide variety of trees.. the scarcity of other people at this time of year suits my contemplative nature... I'm rarely bored with my own company as I watch the seasons change. The claustrophobic, convoluted, competitive, complexity of city life never appealed to me. :smile: Geoff.

Marti, you go right to my dubious claims.

No matter.

I admire

or turn away from sights

of beauty or not.

... Some thoughts cannot be adequately communicated. When I walk my country road of millions of species of plants, I wonder why some are beautiful and others repulsive to me ...

Thanks for the question, Marti and for the clarification, Franklin. Beautiful or not (beautiful) -- I suspect you find the flowers beautiful and the weeds not ...

... I'm rarely bored with my own company as I watch the seasons change. The claustrophobic, convoluted, competitive, complexity of city life never appealed to me ...

I wonder if it has something to do with where we grew up. I grew up in suburbia and therefore love the city and the country.

Tony :-8)

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Am surprised by the attention given this note of passing thoughts. Shows how we each see everything differently, especially the world around us.

If you are not comfortable being alone, don't go for a long walk. My main thought on each of my hundreds, maybe thousands, of walks is that each is different. A poem could be written about what you see and think on each trek. I began walking for physical health and ended walking for the reward of thoughts.

Tony, you didn't make a judgment about Brendan's claim to humanity.