Aleksandra
ksana

Maple

shakes off dry leaves.

A squirrel scurries down,

grabbing the last color of

autumn.

Lake I am impressed by this short poem.

It is amazing how you captured this poem in an almost photo - landscape.

It gives wonderful imagery. But only makes me wonder the tittle - ksana. I google that word, because already I had idea what means particularly, but after reading all poem, confused me a little. But you know that I love when the poem makes me wonder, because I am sure that there is some point why you wrote like that. I am on the way to find the real connection icon_wink.gif.

Wonderful poem Lake. I loved

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

goldenlangur

Hello Lake,

Love the tanka feel to your poem and the way you capture the interplay between the falling leaves and the squirrel. Your final two lines are brilliant:

"grabbing the last color of

autumn"

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

But only makes me wonder the tittle - ksana. I google that word, because already I had idea what means particularly, but after reading all poem, confused me a little. But you know that I love when the poem makes me wonder, because I am sure that there is some point why you wrote like that. I am on the way to find the real connection icon_wink.gif.

Alex,

Thanks for your interest in the title and spending time to find the meaning of it.

I've just realized the word Ksana originated from Sanskrit, meaning "an extremely brief period of time", which is what I wanted to convey in my poem. Hope it helps.

Thanks for your lovely comment.

Lake

Hello Lake,

Love the tanka feel to your poem and the way you capture the interplay between the falling leaves and the squirrel. Your final two lines are brilliant:

"grabbing the last color of

autumn"

Golden,

Glad you like the two lines, my favorite, too. But I don't often have good lines like these.

Many thanks.

Lake

Hi Lake,

I agree with the others' astute observations. As Alek pointed out, the poem is like a photograph which you have adeptly captured in words. And I, too, really like the lines GL highlighted. I love squirrels, and I think the last color of/autumn has an air of finality to it. After all, November is here, and the colors have turned to brown.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic