Poetry Magnum Opus

Beyond the Light (Collaborative Work)

tonyv

The following poem is a collaborative effort that was open to the participation of all members. Goldenlangur started it as a topic titled ANY TAKERS? in the Dedicated and Collaborative Works forum. In addition to Goldenlangur, Aleksandra, Tinker and I participated. Aleksandra gets credit for the title.

Beyond the Light

With the sinking sun, I unclasp my grasp on day

and bury its gaze with lumps of tears

that magnify my doubts and fears in moonlight.

In the track of night, they rear their heads and gallop;

my heart keeps pace with the rumble of their hooves

in this shadow-less valley of my mind.

Zero-dark-thirty. Some souls are at rest.

Others, their flesh unshed, linger in a prism of pain.

The grave mocks the meek and the weak of heart.

Each sunset marks time with the last, another day gone,

rippling beyond reach, beyond words,

growing a path to nowhere ... and everywhere.

I stand at a crossroad, black-topped, and snaking out of sight.

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Aleksandra

When I read this poem I feel so proud. Really this poem looks like written from one person.

It gives some dark imagery, scary in some points. And I love also how it's ending part goes. Golden's last line closed this poem with wonderful expression, and exactly that part when it says: " I stand at a crossroad " gave me the feeling that the poem is done.

I came to this title Beyond the Light , because I felt that the poem talks about something not seen, but happening, like a dream, so Tony agreed with me. If someone thinks that there can be another title for this poem, it is free to share the idea.

I hope and I wish, that soon we can make a new try, and make a new wonderful poem like this one. So all of you my friends are more than welcomed to join us in the other collaborative work what some of us is going to start.

Thanks for all of you who participated, and to those who doesn't joined this time, I provoke you on a duel for the next time icon_biggrin.png

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

goldenlangur

Excellent title Aleksandra - captures the theme which emerged very well!

goldenlangur

goldenlangur

Even a single enemy is too many and a thousand friends too few - Bhutanese saying.

I agree with you, Alek. This poem turned out very well, and it does seem like it was written by one person.

The title is perfect. The poem takes place in another realm -- one of darkness -- and with beyond reach and beyond words already incorporated into the poem, Beyond the Light made perfect sense.

And, yes ... thank you, Goldenlangur, for prompting this collaboration, for keeping it going, and for opening another one.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Aleksandra

Yes Tony. The poem is beautiful. And I hope the other one would be same or even more beautiful. As I can notice, the other poem what is opened in collaborative section, has another way, and different power. But lets see how that poem will be done icon_smile.gif

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia

• 2 years later...
Larsen M. Callirhoe

bored out of my mind, weeping in my soul, crying in my heart, tears streaking from heart, blood flowing slowly in my body, somberly wishing for another soul to touch my face that is ll alone looking out a empty window gazing at the white and grey clouds of where no more hope or desire dwells anymore. does anyone see my true disspear.

this poem really rock one of my favs. aleks hope you enjoy your working life filled friends you haven't touched face with in lifetimes. me i have seen so many in this in this life already that now i wish for only solitude. my beloveds never agreed with me since the beginning anyway.

peace,

victor michel

Larsen M. Callirhoe