about to BURST

by walking away from the World As It Is

We obscure imperfection’s enchantments

ignore the dreamless dream 

it requires us to 

Try and Do

again and again:

O no no no.

nxK44vyZniW1NmX1z8bWsdAu3ifacf31NQIXQdZ7lLU24vbBCc7jCpNwu6tkHTkNSgApY13Bp28QksDEyws1cFMDrGvgln7tFNIIa3R5UI_Kqyke7f_iXSWz6U5s76npvafLcMiA

Juris,   This poem is very visual and yet I felt it rather than saw it.  The wash of color seeps deep into the fabric of your thoughts.  I loved it, it is my new favorite of yours.

Interesting to me that I just posted a prompt in the Daily Poem section of the Playground, a challenge to write a poem using color in some way.   I've seen similar prompts in the past and responded with simple "violets are blue" kind of writing.  But, this poem truly exemplifies what I think the prompt aspires to inspire.    So good!  

Very cool that you included a painting, your painting.  When I first saw it, not knowing your were the artist, I thought, this was the inspiration for the poem.  Now that I know it is yours, I wonder which came first, the chicken or the egg?  

~~Judi 

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com

Judi -- Many Thanks, hope you don't mind if I flood the board, in the midst of some serious experimentation! 😉 The answer to your question is both and neither. I painted the painting with a memory of something I almost saw, and then sat with the painting and composed the poem BUT Liberation Blues was the first attempt at getting at that something BUT I entered it into a new collection I'm putting together called: Gate (less;-).

Juris

Whatever (you) would like it to be;-) The title is Gate(less) and I plan to do probably a few more versions. Really its more of an emotion or a mood than an object or a thing or as Creely said when asked if There was a Man was about John the Baptist: "I don't know I just wrote the poem." 😉

TY!

This poem with its concomitant painting has got to be one of the best expressions ever in favor of artistic license ... which I happen to love. I love that you've included the painting; it doesn't replace the poem, but it enhances it the way album artwork does when it come to our music media experience.

On 11/13/2019 at 2:16 PM, dr_con said:

Whatever (you) would like it to be ... Really its more of an emotion or a mood than an object or a thing or as Creely said when asked if There was a Man was about John the Baptist: "I don't know I just wrote the poem."

And I love this! Damn, this is good ...

Tony :-8)

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

• tonyv featured this topic