of these has come

to the meeting

just knowing which one

has come to the meeting

is enough

compassion

will know what to do

from there

edited to remove elipsis (thanks dr con)

Larsen M. Callirhoe

what a true statement rumi, it made me laugh because it is so true.

thanks for the read.

vic

Larsen M. Callirhoe

Well composed. I have, a little problem with the "...", probably because I used to use them frequently, got chided, repeatedly and ended up rethinking their purpose in my own writing- From that perspective, I find them unnecessary... icon_lol.gif And in your poetry, the statements are concrete, there is no need to invite the reader to contemplate- i.e. Larsen's excellent and dead on response, would he have felt the 'truth' any less if the "..." had been absent?

Excellent rumination, well founded- reminds me a bit of this article:

Dr. Concrescence

;-)

DC

Oh Rumisong, I'm a believer in compassion. I say I'm sorry when I'm wrong, and sometimes I say I'm sorry even when I'm right ... sorry for incidentally hurting the other person, that is. No one really does that for me when I'm wrong; I guess it's more important to just be right.

I know I've probably gone down a different vein with this from your original intent, but it seems to jive. Thanks for this.

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

thanks all-

dr con- I didnt even see the elipsis! Im so used to using them as my sentence writing style- and this started out in sentence form, so when I split it up for here, to see if would make it in line form, I forgot to remove the ellipsis entirely! thank you icon_smile.gif

yes, Tony, compassion is something I look at a great deal... for me, its a word I use to describe "that which is not ego" - in the zen sense of ego- meaning, that which is not "me"... zen might say, when you remove the "me", what remains is truth- and this is compassionate by its nature...

I talk a lot about "the meeting" too...

thanks again all for your comments

rumisong wrote:

I talk a lot about "the meeting" too...

Yes, Rumisong, and I remember some discussion about that in several other topics. I wish you would elaborate a bit more about the concept ... I'm still somewhat puzzled by it. I'm probably just thick. icon_cry.gif

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

tonyv wrote:

I wish you would elaborate a bit more about the concept ... I'm still somewhat puzzled by it.

ah!

now I have a challenge to dig in and see if there is a poem there about "the meeting" - thank you for your request! icon_wink.gif

lets hope it comes out poem for me- if not I will look (inwardly) for some fresh prose about it none the less...

Aleksandra

Lovely and interesting poem, and perfect title Rumisong. And yes the compassion is very a state of mind, which should take a place all around but not to over act with it :).

Tony it's interesting what kind of thought you have ab the rightness. Saying sorry when you are right is good only for one reason, only to stop some problem but never to fix it with that. But yes for the sake of peace it's nice to say sorry.

Rumi, thanks for sharing this poem.

Aleksandra

The poet is a liar who always speaks the truth - Jean Cocteau

History of Macedonia