Poetry Magnum Opus

Frederick Douglass

eclipse

The shadow of a finger moves through a dream that passes through angels with black wings assembled like numbers on a clock, their eyes are opened by slumbering echoes of chains and locks. The legacy of Frederick Douglass remains, fists must rise with the ghost of George Floyd to interrupt the finger that will rewind the clock of racial consciousness.
Frederick Douglases words breathe through pages of books.

Atlanta graves of murdered children, Ku Klux clan chandeliers. Winds return like books to streets, crevices, forests collapsing mountains grieve. Between launch and impact angels reenact the lives of slaves as bullet kills Martin Luther King.

Divine waters of heavens birthing pool in the eyes of an unborn child to find different coloured versions of progeny, Douglass walks arm in arm across water with incarnations.

The moon fades in a raven's eyes as it gazes upon a child in the ghetto who doesn't see the snowman he has built, crying. History dissolves in propagandas cup as polemicists trample the earth to produce their wine. Young radicals are the prayers of an abolitionist listening somewhere.

On 12/15/2020 at 9:41 PM, eclipse said:

Merry Christmas everyone...

Barry, Merry Christmas! I’m a bit quiet at the moment, but I’ll be around, soon enough, to reply to this fine poem. I hope you’re well. 

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, eclipse said:

Are you OK....

Barry, if you’re asking me, I’m totally fine. Im a little behind in my replies/participation here, but I hope to catch up with that this week.

I hope you’re well. Happy New Year!

Tony 

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

• 3 weeks later...