Poetry Magnum Opus

Day whatever. "Seriously?"

tonyv

IMG_0490.jpeg

Seriously?

You really think there's something out there, something better?
What? You have a nice house? A nice car? No one cares;
even you don't care. Yea, that's west: Learn it! Live it! Love it!
For me, it's north; I'm all about the north. Still, no one cares.

Crazy blue-haired chick--your midriff's where it's at--
your car got towed. The state police don't care--it's not personal--
it's just about the tinted windows, Uninsured, just pay the money.

With you, with you, with you, with you--sober is the answer? 🙄--
when you've got your head, your head is screwed on backwards.
On and on, and on and on, and on and on, it's on and on.

IMG_0493.jpeg

JUST WITH YOU (Julian Wess & Tom Clave feat. Seven Note) 

Now, turn it up. (That's right, I'm telling you what to do.)

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Judi, this poem is ridiculous 😀 but I felt like I had to get in on the challenge in some way, at least get a poem (1/30) in. 😂 I’m thrilled and excited that you and Juris are up to it and have been keeping up; I can’t even keep up with you two when it comes to reading and replies much less a poem per day for a month! But I do plan on reading through all your poetry month poems and at least getting a few replies done over the course of this weekend.  Thank you for taking the time to check this one and for your kind reply!

Tony 😊

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

No Tony this rocks! As the Netflix movie we did last night said 'Its very metal" ludicrous or not, one or many. Love it and the pictures. TY TONY!

• Thanks 1

Thank you, Juris! I wanted to make it a multimedia experience, having been inspired by the gate(less) posts I enjoy on a regular basis. :biggrin:

The poem is actually drawn from irl events, lol. I arrived home yesterday on a lovely afternoon and decided to spend some time on my porch/deck and enjoy some refreshments to celebrate the end of a tiresome week. I took a look around and a little ways up the street I observed a snazzy looking car that had just been pulled over by an unmarked state police car. The car that was stopped was by no means a junk box -- it was actually a pretty nice looking car -- but it was missing the front license plate and had blacked out windows obviously beyond the legal limit. Now, they don't usually tow someone for such minor offenses around here (they just give you these money fines you can appeal), but this one clearly had other issues (more than likely a lapsed registration or no insurance), because a tow truck was summoned to hook it. Standing in front of the car was a young blue-haired lady, busy on her mobile phone, ostensibly trying to arrange a ride for herself, and sauntering off was her male companion whom she appeared to be dropping off at home. :biggrin:

I would imagine that made for a ruined Friday night at least for her. I felt bad, but my own weekend was off to a great start. I hope yours is going well.

Tony :-8):happy: