Poetry Magnum Opus

Marcel Baudin´s Oath for Lady Annie Allen

Severino Ramos B de Lima

Severino Ramos B de Lima

Hi,

Here is Severino Ramos, from Goiana, a city of Pernambuco. Pernambuco is a state of Brazil.

This is my first poem I publish here. Good Reading.

marcel baudin1.png

Welcome, Severino Ramos.  I’m excited that you’ve joined. 

This poem is much to my liking. It says a lot in just two lines. But I’m not clear on something. Did you write this? I’m only asking because it says “Bill” at the end. (If you didn’t write it, I’ll move it to the “Reading” forum.)

Tony

Here is a link to an index of my works on this site: tonyv's Member Archive topic

Severino Ramos B de Lima

Tony, thanks because you have liked. Yes, I have written this poem. Bill is my pen name. Here in Pernambuco, a state of Northeast region of Brazil, the familiar form for Severino is Biu (its pronounce is BEEoo). I have adapted this nickname and I use the pen name Bill.  The Revision for English Language of this Poem was by Ricardo Jorge Pereira.

David W. Parsley

Welcome to the forum, Bill!  Nice use of metonymy and symbol, with a courtly bow to the lady's inherent goodness.

Nice,
- Dave

• Like 1

Hi Severino aka Bill,   I loved this.  Although I am not familiar with Portugese I would love to see this piece in the original language. We have the translation, I'd love to see and hear the poem as created.  I feel a poem as much from sound and sight as from meaning.   Nice introduction.  Welcome to PMO/

~~Tinker aka Judi

~~ © ~~ Poems by Judi Van Gorder ~~

For permission to use this work you can write to Tinker1111@icloud.com